Chapter 6: Am I In Love?

(( Here's chapter 6! ))

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.: Sky .:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:

As soon as Ty and I were out the door, I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. I glanced at the screen before I slid to answer. My sister Aria was calling. As I neared the phone to my face, I could pick up some distress in her voice.

“You okay? You sound… agitated.”

“Where were you? No better question… Where ARE you?!” There was a moment of silence until I realized why she was so dismayed.

“I… TOTALLY forgot that I was supposed to come home… I was-“

“ANSWER THE QUESTION!” She shrieked so loud, I bet Ty has heard her by now.

“Shh… Calm down a little Aria… I’m at the hospital-“ She cut me off again.

“Why?! Are you hurt?! Did you go to dad’s?!”

“Shut up and let me explain. I’m at the hospital… With my FRIEND Ty… He was beat up by the bullies in school, and I carried him to the hospital. He had a cracked rib, so I stayed here to make sure he was ok. I’m fine, and no I didn’t go to dad’s..” I looked over at Ty, who was so focused on my face. He’s so handsome. I mean… Uh, funny looking. Yeah that’s what I meant.

“Oh, well don’t forget to take him home, and then come back here ASAP. I’ve got a surprise!”

“Actually, can he come over and live with us? He has the same life as… well, me… With his dad.”

“Sure Sky, anything for a… Friend?

“Yes, just a friend…” I said it loud enough so that Ty could hear. I could tell nothing was going to happen, and I didn’t need to be broken over some boy I just met. With us both being gay and all.

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.: Ty .:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:

Right as we were leaving the hospital, Sky grabbed his phone out of his pocket. He slid the screen, and raised his phone to his ear.  

“You okay? You sound… agitated.”

“I… TOTALLY forgot that I was supposed to come home I was-” He stopped talking and just listened to his sister.

“Shh… Calm dow a little Aria… I’m at the hospital-“ And again she cut him off.

“Shut up and let me explain. I’m at the hospital… With my FRIEND Ty… He was beat up by the bullies in school, and I carried him to the hospital. He had a cracked rib, so I stayed here to make sure he was ok. I’m fine, and no I didn’t go to dad’s..” So Sky lives with his sister?

“Actually, can he come over and live with us? He has the same life as… well, me… With his dad.” Oh great, so now someone else knows how pathetic I am. But considering he said that he had the same life, made me feel a little more at ease.

“Yes, just a friend…” Sky said making an emphasis on the phrase ‘just friends’.

So that’s how you see us. I was… starting to fall for- No, its doesn’t matter anymore. Obviously were just friends. And there will be nothing more. I slumped down a little more, indicating to Sky that I was sad. But like usual, he didn't look over or notice anything. Why doesn't he pay attention.

I am falling for Sky. I'm falling hard, and I don't know when I hit the ground... But I do know when I do, there is no fixing this broken egg. Nothing in the world will piece me back together. Not even all the kings men will be able to save me. I just feel the need to be more, how do I put this... Flirty... Maybe then he'll notice how much I care.

It was only until now, that I realized I hadn't been walking. Just standing in the middle of the sidewalk self absorbed in my thoughts. I felt a slight tug on my arm, which progressed to a jerk type pull on my jacket. I fall backwards out of fear and confusion, dropping to the ground. Little pebbles squish their way into my hand, making it uncomfortable to get up. So I sat on the cemented sidewalk, looking like a lost puppy. Eyes big and needy.

Sky finally caught some sort of drift, and looked down at me. Lending a hand down my way, I grab on and feel my self being pulled up. He yanked me up forcefully, and I flew into a tight gripped hug. It caught me by surprise, but I melted into him after feeling his body heat next to mine. I snuggled my face into his chest, absorbing all of his heat. I was freezing. I let out a huge shiver, and he tugged me in to an even tighter grip, if that was possible.

“You’re so schatzi.” He chuckled.

“I’m what?” I questioned moving my head out from his chest.

“A sweetheart. You know, a darling… Sorry if that sounded weird…” He got a bit flustered and a blush grew on his face.

“Not at all. It was… Nice.” I looked up at his sunglasses, still shading his cryptic eyes. Only guessing and imagining what they look like.

“Good, because I meant it.” I was caught off guard and didn’t realize he had said anything.

“Meant what? I’m sorry… I-I uh… Never mind, what did you say?” I managed to stutter out.

“I said I meant it. T-that you were a sweetheart. Well schatzi to be exact.” I could feel the cheeks of my face begin to burn with passion.

“Oh… Thanks Sky.” I nestled my head back into his chest. He rested his chin on my head, making me fit perfectly into place. It was all so perfect until…

“I’m super sorry… Hold on.” He placed his phone up to his face, once again. I could hear a familiar voice on the phone, then a shriek. I knew it was Aria, Sky’s sister.

Before I knew it Sky grabbed my hand and was trailing me along behind him, moving at a fast pace.

”Is something wrong Sky?” I fumbled over a cardboard box, laying on the ground near an alleyway next to us.

“Nothing is wrong, I got so caught up with-” He stopped walking and looked at me, then continued.

“Yeah, that I forgot I was supposed to be heading home. So we have to hurry before it gets too dark.”

The night sky was falling, and the sunset broke the horizon. The streams of orange and pink were drowned out by an ocean of navy blue, captained by the luminescent gleams of light sparkling above our existence.