Change

Kiara's POV
Seven months later...
"Congratulations." The nurse told me, handing me my newborn child. "It's a girl." Kate, who had been with me when I went into labor, smiled at me brightly through the hospital room window. The nurse left and Kate walked in.
"What are you going to call her?" She asked softly. I thought for a moment, before thinking of a name.
"Teresa. I'll call her Teresa." I smiled as Teresa wrapped her hand around my finger. She was going to be a great kid.
Time skip to when Loki arrives at S.H.I.E.L.D.
Steve's POV
I walked through the halls of S.H.I.E.L.D., thinking about what just happened. I had just watch Loki, yes, the same Loki Kiara was married to, give this insane speech about freedom and how he should rule humans. I walked past Kiara's room, stopping at her door, contemplating whether I should tell her what had happened or not. She didn't know that Loki was alive and I'm unsure if I should tell her or not. I had told her that I was going after a dangerous criminal, but I didn't say who. I decided to go in, just to see if she's doing okay. I opened the door and walked in. Kiara was laying on the floor, playing peekaboo with Teresa, who was in her bouncer, gurgling happily whenever Kiara's face appeared from behind her hands. Kiara saw me, and sat up.
"Hi, Steve." Kiara smiled. "Did you catch him?" She asked.
"Uh, yeah." I scratched the back of my head. "We caught him."
"Good." Kiara smiled at me, before turning back to Teresa. I smiled at them and left. I let out a huge sigh, feeling guilty that I didn't tell her.
Kiara's POV
After Steve left, I continued playing peekaboo with Teresa, who started laughing, making me laugh. A baby's laugh is very contagious. I played with her for about ten minutes, before I heard guards marching outside my room. I lifted Teresa out of her carrier and stood up to see who this dangerous criminal was. About six guards walked past my door, before I could see the criminal. My eyes widened when I saw who it was. I couldn't believe it. He was alive. Hundreds of questions rushed through my head, before I decided to confront Steve about this. I waited until Loki and the guards disappeared, before slipping quietly out of my room.
Steve's POV
"You lied to me." Kiara stormed in, holding her newborn daughter, Teresa, and was soon followed by Kate. The look on Kate's face said it all. Kiara knew about Loki and she knew I lied to her. "You told me you didn't know who took the Tesseract but you knew all along it was Loki. How could you not tell me?"
"I... Um..." I stuttered, failing to come up with an explanation.
"Excuse me, but how do you know Loki?" Natasha asked.
"He's my husband." Kiara said without hesitation.
"And is he the father of your child?"
"Yes."
"Wow." Natasha breathed.
"She has known Loki and I for a long time." Thor spoke up.
"Loki was the only one who helped me with my powers. He was the only one who wasn't going to kill me for them."
"Right. Well, Fury is about to talk to your husband, so let's watch the feed, shall we?" We all turned our attention to some monitoring screens, where Fury had Loki locked up in a glass cage.
"In case, it's unclear." Fury was saying to Loki. "You try to escape, you so much as scratch that glass..." Fury pressed a button on a control panel and an opening appeared in the floor. "...30,000 feet straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works? Ant..." Fury gestured to the cage. "...boot." Fury gestured to the control panel.
"It's an impressive cage." Loki chuckled. "Not built, I think, for me."
"Built for something a lot stronger than you." Fury retorted.
"Oh, I've heard." Loki turned to the cameras. "A mindless beast. Makes play he's still a man." I looked at Bruce, who was looking down at the floor. "How desperate are you? You call on such lost creatures to defend you?"
How desperate am I?" Fury stepped forward. "You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope yo control. You talk about peace, and you kill because it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did." I turned my gaze to Kiara, who was still clutching Teresa and staring at the screen in mild shock.
"Ooh, it burns you to have come so close. To have the Tesseract. To have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share. And then to be reminded what real power is." Fury smirked at Loki.
"Well, let me know if "real power" wants a magazine or something." Fury said as he walked away. Loki stared into the camera and the screen turned off.
"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Bruce joked.
"He has changed." Kiara whispered. "He's different."
"How so?" Maria asked.
"Loki used to be kind, and caring. Not this... This stranger." Kiara took a deep breath, sighing heavily. "I'd like to speak with him." She announced.
"Do you think you can get him to tell s where the Tesseract is?" Fury walked into the room.
"I do not know. I fear Loki's mind is beyond the point of reasoning. But I can try." Kiara answered.
"Well, seeing as he hasn't tracked you down yet, he probably doesn't know you're alive and has no knowledge of your daughter. Maybe we can use that to our advantage."
"No." Kiara shook her head. "I will not use Teresa as leverage."
"I wasn't saying you should. Agent Hill?" Maria Hill stepped forward. "Please escort Kiara to Loki's cell. Take care of her daughter while she's in there." Fury instructed.
"Yes, sir." Maria walked out with Kiara.
Kiara's POV
"Once you're inside, the cameras will activate and we'll be able to see and hear your conversation with Loki. So don't try anything." Maria informed me.
"Wasn't planning to." I replied, handing Teresa over to her. Teresa whimpered softly. "Shh, shh, it's okay. It's just Maria." I cooed, settling Teresa. "She's never been held by anyone except me."
"I'll take good care of her while your in there." Maria assured me. During my time here at S.H.I.E.L.D., I had become good friends with Maria Hill. She was like a sister to me.
"I know." I smiled, before taking a deep breath and walking in. Loki was pacing back and forth in the cell. I stood there for a moment, contemplating what I would say.
"There's not many people who can sneak up on me." Loki turned around, facing me.
"You've changed." I told him.
"So have you. I was told you were dead."
"Well, I was told you were dead as well, so let's call it even." I replied sassily. I gulped, not knowing what Loki's reaction to my next question would be. "Why are you doing this? Do you not know all the pain you've caused. All the lives you've taken?"
"Of course I know." Loki hissed.
"Then why are you doing this? This is exactly what happened in my vision, and you promised me it wouldn't come true. Yet here you are."
"Things changed." Loki muttered.
"Loki, I know it was hard for you, finding out you were a Frost Giant, but that gives you no excuse to behave like a moody, depressed murderer." Loki chuckled softly. "Loki, I beg you to stop this."
"I can't."
"Yes, you can. I'll help you." I walked up to the glass and placed my right hand on it. I had regrettably decided to play the Teresa card. It might be the only way. "Loki, if you won't stop this for me, stop it for our daughter." Loki's head snapped up.
"Our daughter?" He asked in disbelief.
"Yes. Our daughter. She deserves to grow up thinking her father was a great man, not a murderous lunatic. I beg you to stop this, for her sake."
"I can't."
"Loki, you can."
"No, you don't understand. He won't let me."
"Who won't let you?"
Thanos." Loki whimpered slightly. My eyebrows furrowed together in confusion.
"Loki, I don't know who Thanos is, but I promise you we will beat him. Together. Like we always used to do." Loki looked at me, tears in his eyes. "Just tell me where the Tesseract is."
"I don't know where it is."
"Alright." I whispered. I was silent for a moment, before speaking up. "Would you like to meet your daughter?"
"Yes." Loki nodded slightly, unsure on whether this was a good idea or not. I smiled weakly, before exiting the room to where Maria stood holding Teresa, now joined by Nick Fury.
"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Maria asked, handing Teresa back to me.
"Director Fury, I'd like your permission to enter the cage." Fury opened his mouth to speak, but I cut him off. "He won't try to escape as long as I'm in there, I promise. He wouldn't dare."
"Very well." Fury nodded. "You may enter." I re-entered the room, this time holding Teresa. I walked up to the control panel, and Loki stood up.
"Sit." I commanded, like I was talking to a dog. Of course, Loki is not a dog. He sat down as I typed in the security code, and entered the cage.
"Is this..." Loki breathed, once he saw Teresa.
"Yes, this is your daughter." I smiled. "Would you like to hold her?" Loki nodded, and I placed Teresa in his arms. She giggled, tugging gently at Loki's hair.
"What is she doing?" Loki asked nervously. I think this was the first time he had held a baby.
"Relax. It means she likes you."
"What's her name?" Loki asked softly.
"Teresa. Teresa Frigga Barnes." I told him. Loki sat down on the bench in his cell. Teresa." He whispered, stroking her cheek. "I love it. I love her. And you." Teresa smiled at Loki, as if she could understand what he was saying. Her skin slowly turned blue, while Loki looked at me in confusion.
"She's half Frost Giant. You should've seen the nurse's face when Teresa went all "Avatar" on her. You should've seen my face. I only understood what was going on when Thor arrived here. He told me everything." I sat down next to Loki, wrapping an arm around his waist. "I'm so sorry you had to go through all that." Loki smiled sadly.
"What's Avatar?" He asked.
"What?"
"You said Teresa went all "Avatar" on the nurse. I was wondering what Avatar was."
"Oh, it's a movie. The Avatar people are blue."
"Oh." Loki chuckled, causing me to laugh slightly. We sat there talking for hours, before Fury walked in and told me I had to leave. Loki, who had been holding Teresa the whole time, handed her back to me. I gave him a kiss on the cheek and walked out of the cell.
"Barnes, wait." Fury called after me. "I have decided that Loki will be allowed out of his cell on one condition: That he stays with you the entire time. The others have agreed of this. Any time you have to leave the premises, Loki must remain in this cell until you return. Is that clear?"
"Crystal." I smiled happily. Fury opened the cell door, and Loki walked out. I gave him a big hug, careful not to squish Teresa.
"I love you." Loki whispered in my ear. My smiled only widened in return. I hope that with this action, Loki would return back to the old Loki I once knew.

iwantmyphonecall