POETRIPS

Hi there, Fiesta people! This a new article here in Fiesta Magazine. This section is about poetry. You will see here my collections of poems that I've written in the past five years of my life or even the ones that I've just written recently. I don't just write poems whenever I feel like writing one. Most of the time I write to express myself. So, before we move along to our first ever poem in this article, let me share you first the great impact of poetry in my life.

Poetry has been my constant companion through ups and downs of my life. It has been my outlet on all the emotions that I concealed 'cause I'm afraid of the outcome or consequences that I may face once I spilled out those words to that particular person. I'm the kind of person who find it hard to express my feelings to someone I love, to someone I care about and even to someone I hate. I think you would agree with me if I say that it is easier to crack a joke in front of everyone than to spill what's really inside your heart, right? So poetry for me is my best buddy where I can tell unspoken emotions that I find hard to express.

This is one of the poems that I've written during the darkest hour of my life. It tells how I felt during those times when I'm in my lowest state. That when I try to look for the light I always find darkness. Everytime I look on positive things, all I can see are the failures that I've committed in the past. It also show how God had inspired me on how to rise each time I fall. How to take one step at a time to move on and start and try to fight again.

I hope you will be inspired by this poem, guys. Please read, internalize and reflect on how you face problems in your life and what have you done to surpassed it. And believe that there is a God who will never leave you nor forsake you.

The Going On

What will be the future

Of someone facing a failure,

Criticized by people

Who doesn't care anymore.

Wouldn't it be nice to leave this world?

For life here is not precious like gold.

Can someone help me up,

And keep me from falling apart?!

I don't know where to start

Or how to end this agony?!

All I know is I want to

I want to end this journey

I become a total stranger

To my family, friends and lover

Never thinking how did these happen

As I write these things in pen.

I hope I will be able to see the light

That will guide me every night

Which will lead me to the place

Where I dwell in peace and not be chased.

And then the darkness in my life

rationally fade,

For You light up the world

That I've been living dead.

The sorrow in my heart

You washed away by Your Holy blood.

The greatness of Your love

Will always be my guide.

Oh how I am blessed

By Your presence in my life.

You have lift up the sorrow in my heart

That I have been keeping inside.

Thank you for coming into my life

For saving me from my own hands.

I am my own worst enemy,

But You, Oh Lord, is my greatest refuge.

Love,

Shannelle_Prada

aka White Cat