Ch.8

Darkness surrounded me. I tried sleeping, but I can't.. I'm literally on a chair in the most uncomfortable position possible. My father is next to me. They pumped his stomach and now he's resting. The only thing I hear is the steady beeping on the monitor. It lets me know that he's still here with me. Time passes and I managed to get some sleep, but when I wake up my back is aching..

The door creaks open and the doctor comes in.
"Hi Belle, I'm doctor Karev and I'm letting you know that everything is going to be okay, your father is fine, but due to all the damage he's done to his body he will need to slowly recover here."

I nod,"yeah, as long as he's okay.."

"Well if you need anything just let any one of the nurses know and go home get some rest or stay if you'd like."

"Thank you so much.."

"You're welcome" he smiles genuinely and walks out. I'm really cold.. I get goosebumps and sigh. I will go home and get some things before my father wakes up. That's when I realize I came here on the ambulance and I have no ride. Damn. I look at my contact list and find my father, the school, and Harry. I'm pathetic. I guess I have no choice but to call him. The phone rings and he doesn't answer. Great well I'm stuck here for no- ring ring

Shit. That scared me, the caller ID is harry and I immediately answer. "What."

"I'm sorry to have called you at this moment.. we're you busy..?"

"No shit I was too busy sleeping." His voice sound angry even when it sounds groggy. Oh I forgot it's.. morning. "I'm sorry.. I'll just ask someone else." Even though I have no one else. He sighs,"What do you need?" I half smile,"Can you pick me up..? I need to get some things from my home and I-"

"Wait I thought you were at home." He sounds concern, but you never know with Harry. "I'm not home.." I awkwardly say.

"Why."

"I don't owe you an explanation." I don't know where that came from. I need sleep.

"Um yeah you kind of do if you want me to pick you up." I'm annoyed at this point.

"Because my father got alcohol poisoning. Okay!"

There was a long silence. A very awkward silence. "Well he got what he deserved."

"Stop.." I whisper. Despite what my father did, he's still my father. I'm too tired to cry again. I can't cry. Not right now and not through the phone when Harry can hear me.

"Okay, I'll pick up" I can practically hear him rolling his eyes. "Text me which hospital." And with that he hangs up. I go to bathroom and looked in the mirror. Jesus Christ. Is that how I've been looking. My hair is frizzy in some places and mascara is half smudged and I'm paler than usual. God.. I look awful. Wait till you get in the car with Harry. That's when the insults will flow.

I text Harry the hospital location and play the waiting game.
_

My father still hasn't woken up. He's must be really tired.. well when he wakes up he'll read the note I wrote him to let him know where I'm at.

Ding.
"I'm outside"

Finally.. I walked out the room and made my way down to the hospital doors and saw Harry's car. I walked towards it and get in.