Chapter Two: The Runaway Ghost King

A/N: Okay, should I say it? Yes, I'm saying it. I'm planning further ahead of this fanfic and I decided to set it into crossover where Nico gets to meet Anubis and… stuff happens. Yeah. Hey, don't get me wrong. I ship Percico to death but I'm starting to ship Anubico too. Welp, that's a slight spoiler for upcoming chapters. Anyways, I'm already planning another fanfic for Percico so I'm not sure if I'll be updating that fast. I'll try though. This is my number one priority to finish.

Song: Savior by Black Veil Brides

Personal Space, Dam It!: Chapter Two

Nico's POV

Knock. Knock. Knock.

I groan as I stood up from my bed. Who could be up and knocking on my door now? I reckon everyone here at camp wouldn't give a damn about me anyways. The knocking repeated and I started to drag my feet towards the door. "I'm coming" I mumbled, aware of the fact that the person behind the door couldn't possibly hear it. I sighed before grabbing the knob and opening it to reveal platinum blonde hair and dark grey eyes that resemble a dark storm. I would be lying if I said I wasn't surprised to see Annabeth standing outside my cabin. Her wavy hair is tied up in a ponytail and her face was void of expression, clearly unreadable.

"Annabeth? What do you want?" I asked rather harshly. I figured it gave the hint of disturbing me in my supposedly planned nap and how I don't interact with others well. She crossed her arms and stared at me in that expressionless face of hers. "Won't you invite me in first or do we have to have this conversation outside where we can broadcast it to the whole camp?" She said. I rolled my eyes and leaned on the door frame. "It's not like you talking to me can broadcast it to the entire camp at a couple feet or so." I retorted.

I am not having any of her sass as of this moment. Her eyes looked away for a moment, as if figuring the possibility of being heard. She looked back to see if anyone was around and, for a second, I thought she was going to walk a couple feet away and tell me to ask her if she can be heard. But, thinking less of it, she turned back around and grunted. "Well?" she gestured to my cabin, indicating she didn't want to wait outside and have the talk.

I narrowed my eyes and pushed my door wider. "Please, do come in. I'm rather sorry for not preparing my cabin for such a visit. I wasn't expecting a guest this evening," I said, sarcasm dripping from the words that sprouted from my mouth. "or any day, for that matter" I close the door once she settled in on a couch close by. I turn around and lean on the door. The devil herself decided to show up. Is this some kind of joke?

I waited for her to speak up. The blonde teen faced me seriously before saying, "I know it's none of my business but what's going on lately has captured my attention". I raise an eyebrow and, crossing my arms, I replied, "I'm surprised something else got your attention that doesn't have anything to do with Percy. And there's nothing going on" I shrugged.

Suddenly catching up, she made a face and stared at my eyes deeply. "If Seaweed Brain has something to do with your newfound pace of attitude, then I have all right to know. Look, whatever he did, I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it. He could be an idiot at times and–"

"You don't get it, Annabeth! No one will! I'm just dealing with something only I can help myself. I don't need the others' opinion on this and especially not yours. Percy's doing a good job at pushing me to my limit and I swear, if I finally break, I am going to…" I couldn't finish it. I could already feel the tears that are starting to form. I took in a sharp intake of air and growled to hide the sniffing noises that hinted of a sob. For a moment, I thought I saw sympathy in the girl's eyes but it went gone as fast as it came.