Failure

"This... Is the scariest thing... You could MAKE?!" Black Hat exclaimed, anger rising like temperature on his face. Joshua stared at 5.0.5, wide-eyed. He had not expected that to happen. "I...I can explain, sir-" He stuttered as Black Hat grabbed him by the shirt collar. "Listen, I'm giving you this chance of having the job... Why? BECAUSE I HAVE NO CHOICE!!" Black Hat exclaimed as green ooze escaped his mouth and landed on Joshua's mask. Joshua flinched. "I have no other choices, and you should be LUCKY I didn't, or I would've left you on the streets to die. Do I make myself CLEAR?!" Black Hat cried, his one visiable eye turning blood red. Joshua nodded. Black Hat dropped him on the floor. "I had expected better from you, Dr. Flug... And I better see it next time..." He growled on his way out of the lab, and slammed the door shut. 

 Joshua stayed on the floor, staring at the door. He took off his goggles and mask off, revealing his face once more. Tears dropped from his face as he shuttered. He brought his knees up to his chest as the tears began to flow harder. "Why..." He whispered as 5.0.5 began to approach. "Why does everyone want to throw me away..." 5.0.5 cocked his head to the side, looking down at his creator. The bear crouched down and sat beside Joshua, who had buried his head in his sweat-covered blue jeans. Joshua felt something that seemed like giant arms wrap around him. He looked up to see 5.0.5 hugging him. Joshua smiled, wiping away his tears. "You must be the only creature in this world who cares for me, huh..." He asked. 5.0.5 stared, then shook his head. Joshua looked at him, confused. 5.0.5 got up, and reached for a picture of Black Hat. He pointed to the picture. "No...No he doesn't... He just...He just said he wanted to leave me on the streets..." Joshua responded, looking away. 5.0.5 whimpered. Joshua looked back up at 5.0.5. "But I'm glad...I'm glad I have you, though..." He smiled, getting up. He wrapped his arm around the giant bear, burying himself into his soft fur. 

 "Besides, this might not end up being that bad after all..."