The Lab

The figure had lead Joshua to a gigantic dining room, where the table was about the length of the whole room itself. It had lots of food on it, which made Joshua's mouth water. The figure sat in the seat at the very end of the table, and Joshua took the seat beside him. "Help yourself, I insist." The figure told him. Joshua started grabbing for food, noticing how starving he had been. "Allow me to introduce myself," The figure started, pouring himself a glass of wine. "I am known as Black Hat, and my company is Black Hat Corp. My company makes inventions for villains who want to get rid of those pesky heroes." He took a sip of the bright red beverage. Joshua swallowed hard. Was this really worth it? Was it really worth risking the lives of innocent people just to have a silly job? 'I guess I might have to...' He thought. 'I have no other choice.' "You are going to have the position of the scientist, the inventor who makes all of these mechanisms." Black Hat explained, lifting up his glass. "And I might throw in free living quarters as well..." He smirked. Joshua's eyes went wide. After months of living on the streets, he'd finally live in a decent home again. He'd have food to eat without being malnourished. "But of course, to see where you are in your workings, I require a small... Portfolio..." Black Hat added. "I want you to make the best thing, using your scientific knoweldge, you can muster. Your deadline is this weekend." He said as he came over to Joshua's seat. He draped a lab coat over the boy, gave him some rubber gloves, and gave him a pair of goggles. "And might I ask, what your name is, Doctor..." Black Hat asked, putting his arm around the boy. 

"...Flug... It's...It's Flug, sir."