Chapter II

Chapter Two // I Messed Up Big Time

"Erika!?" Katie looked at me as I panted at the door and fell onto the wood floor holding my chest. I heard her rush towards me.

"What the hell did you say to her!" I heard Alex say to one of the boys.

"Nothing!" I hear one of them say in defense.

"I can't breathe." I squeezed out. I was having an asthma attack and possibly an anxiety attack too.

"Erika! What do I do!" Katie began yelling.

"Inhaler." It almost came out in a whisper.

"Where! Where!" Katie already had tears in her eyes.

"My bag." I felt light headed and could barely control myself.

Jayden dashed upstairs when one of the boys told him that they took it upstairs. Three seconds later Jayden jumped off the top of the staircase railing on the top of the stairs and threw it to Alex who gave it to me. I took my inhaler and used it finally regaining everything. But I was still having a panic attack.

"Breathe Erika. Breathe." Katie said wiping away a tear from before.

I listened and I closed my eyes. I opened them again more calm.

"What happened?" Katie looked at me expecting me to tell her what really happened but I knew better than that. Even if I told her what actually happened the boys would deny it and its thirteen against one.

Katie noticed what I was doing. "Boys out!" She snapped.

They all listened and moved out, even Alex did.

Once we heard the door close she sat down next to me and I felt that same ping in my heart.

"The boys were making fun of what happened with my mother and father. They said at least they had a sane father and a breathing mother. They knew it would effect me the way it did." I felt a tear fall down my face and Katie hugged me.

"My boys don't know how to sugar coat things. They don't understand your situation. But I do. When you lost your mom I lost a sister. My dad left me when I was four. He came back when I got married but I understand how it feels to loose someone you love. I'm so sorry Erika."

"I messed up big time. The guys must think I'm a baby." I muttered.

"You're only hurting from what you're missing. Your no baby. You just need to get used to it here and then maybe you'll stop missing your family as much as you do. Yeah?" Katie smiled at me.

I nodded and wiped my tears away. "Yeah."

"I'll talk to the boys and tell them what they did wasn't right. Ok?" She smiled at me trying to assure me everything was going to be ok and I believed her because she was right. Everything would be ok.

Katie opened the front door and stared at her boys and shook her head.

"Jayden show Erika around and be friendly. The rest of you. I'd like to speak with you. Now!" She hissed out at the boys and they all came tumbling into the house snickering or glaring at me.

"Ignore them." Jayden then said and I was shocked by what he said.

"I thought you hated me." I muttered as we both walked upstairs.

"My mom gives you pity for what happened to your parents doesn't mean us boys will. But just ignore their glares and nasty comebacks. We're boys Erika. We are looked at as emotionless and us Wheeler's stick together. I'd expect you to know that more than anyone who's ever walked into our house. But maybe five years has really changed you." Jayden opened up a room. "Here you are. I'm pretty sure you know where everything else is." He assumed.