Chapter XXVIII

Chapter Twenty-Eight // Why Do We Fall In Love

Jayden's P.O.V

Without Erika home it makes me realize how quiet the house, how the house has always been.

Hayden runs in my room handing me his phone and then I look at it.

A picture that was taken years ago of homecoming night was shown by one of Rose's friends.

"Is it really that close?" I asked and he nodded. "Why would she post it anyways?" Hayden asked.

I shrugged but I also felt that this wasn't a good sign either.

It was the end of November and almost three months since Erika's been in the hospital. The doctors told us that she's making a lot of good progress. They said we could see her during Thanksgiving and that she might be out before Christmas which I guess could be a good thing.

Maggie and Sam are home for Thanksgiving which we are having here but Erika has to be back at the hospital by four but she's out from nine in the morning to four in the afternoon which I'm very happy about.

I got up from my bed and rubbed my face, then stretching. I wanted to see Erika for so fucking long and it was killing me.

Today marked the day of Rose's death date and instead of hating what she did I was missing someone else. I was rewarding Rose from what she asked me to do.

I walked outside and I found myself going back to the days I was with her.

"Jayden!" Rose sang as she ran up the stairs with a chocolate cookie in her hands. "I made them. Tell me what you think." she tore a piece and fed it to me.

I took it and hated the taste. "Mmmm." I lied.

"You like it?" She asked smiling then.

I nodded.

She grinned cheered and then ran downstairs.

I went into Kayden's room and spit out the cookie.

"I'm guess Rose is cooking again." Kayden looked up at me. I nodded and he laughed.

"I don't want to hurt her though so I suffer through it." I said shrugging.

"You really like her don't you?" Kayden asked and I smiled.

"I love her Kayden." I grinned.

Kayden looked at me. "Whatever man."

Kayden never thought I loved her and he was right. I just liked her enough to be brainwashed but not enough to listen to her.

I walked downstairs and Rose was really close to Hayden whispering about something. He was grinning and then looked up to see me.

"I'll see you later Rosey." Hayden had said then running out.

"What was that about?" I asked.

"You know how your brother is. He was telling me a funny story." She said then grabbing a napkin and wrapping a cookie up with it.

"What do you think of going to homecoming?" She asked.

"Do you really want to?" I asked her.

She laughed. "I've dreamed of going to homecoming Jayden." She shook her head at me.

"Fine. Will you go?" I asked her.

She shook her head. "No."

"Rose!" I pointed accusing her. "You just said you wanted to go." I shook my head at her.