Chapter XX

Chapter Twenty // He Left Me

"Erika what the hell is wrong with you?" Hayden asked as I was sitting on my bed staring at the white walls around my room.

The world was crashing down on me and I felt stressed at every little thing that happened to me.

"Erika what the fuck is wrong with you!" Hayden demanded.

I shook my head at him and that raged him off even more.

"Fine be a little bitch about it. I try to fucking be nice and you're being a fucking retard right now and not speaking."

I allowed him to walk away and no one seen me after that.

+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+

Days passed by and I grew worse. I started to shut down on life and no one asked if I was ok except for Katie who constantly checked up on me.

We all decided to go out to eat at a restaurant because my house started to feel small.

"So Erika how was seeing your father a couple days ago?" Alex asked staring at his steak in front of him.

Katie punched his arm and he looked at her then just remembering that she told him already.

"Oh right. It wasn't well at all. I'm sorry to hear about the unfortunate news about your father."

The boys all looked up then interested in what we were talking about.

"What news?" Hayden asked.

"Alex." Katie sighed.

The boys all began to poke at the subject and the commotion around me became to much that I got up and ran to the bathroom.

I sat in one of the stalls and cried. I was heartbroken. How could my father say that to me. Did he not know that I loved him so much? Why couldn't he understand? Why couldn't he be normal?

My phone vibrated and my dad's nurse was calling me.

I answered confused. She never called me. I always called her.

"Erika?" She said through the phone sounded heartbroken.

"What is it?" I insisted.

"It's your father. Erika-" Her word broke and I didn't understand what was going on.

"My father? My father what?" I began pushing.

"He committed suicide. Erika sweetie your father died. He hung himself." She sounded so hurt.

"What." I whispered and I felt like the world was ripped from me. My life was already going on without me. "No he can't. He can't be gone." I started to not believe the words of her voice.

"He did Erika." She insisted on me to believe it.

"He can't!" I screamed trying to make her tell me the truth. That he was still alive.

"Come to the ward honey. You need his things. We'll discuss more then ok?"

I didn't respond and just let my phone fall to my side with my hands and I walked outside the bathroom doors and Katie got up and looked at me confused. "Erika?"

The world around me was spinning and I felt that I had lost everything. I was just existing. I was muted because I didn't want to admit the truth.

"Erika?" Katie began to worry and she looked at Alex.

Jayden got up off the booth and walked towards me.

"What is it?" He asked.

I felt a tear fall down on my face and he cupped my cheeks looking at my tired eyes.