Chapter XXII

Chapter Twenty-Two // I Love You and I'm In Love With You

Jayden's P.O.V

Hour before chapter Twenty-One

I cleared my throat and looked at Erika who had patience in her eyes. She hasn't really been speaking at all really just some small nods here and there.

"You know the scar you asked me about a couple months ago?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Well there's a story that I struggle to talk about and since you deserve to know. I am telling you."

She smiled and I knew this one was sincere. She wasn't forcing it. She was happy for a second.

"After you left our life I missed you every single day and I worried about you a lot but I then allowed myself to think that you were never here to stop my pain. About a couple years later I met this girl." I cleared my throat and her eyes perked up. "I dated her for four years and she was my everything. I fell in love with her. I was in love with her." I empathized. "I would do anything for her if she asked me to jump off a cliff I probably would've done it. She had so much control over me. She had problems though." I cleared my throat once again trying to forget that she was gone. "I wasn't her only. I was one of her many. She loved more than one guy at the same time and I never noticed. I was too blinded by my love for her. I found her on her porch making out with this guy and me being protective threw him off of her. She told me he came onto her and I beat the shit out of that guy." My hands were shaking at this point. I don't talk about her because she still somehow has a hold of me.

Erika took my hand and it stopped shaking. "It's ok if you can't continue."

I shook my head. "He didn't deserve it because he might of been being played by her as well. I've also caught her drunk at parties that she'd forget she was with someone and I'd just let it happen. Well Hayden was with her during the time I was and he knew I was with her and madly in love with her but it didn't affect him at all. I walked in on them having sex and I knew I was the fool. She was on top of him making out with my own brother in my house. She tried to play the card that he came to her but the facts were right in front of me. She choose to be the whore. I didn't hate Hayden for what he had done. I was actually grateful for him. He showed me who she really was." I pulled out my wallet and showed Erika a picture of Rose.

Erika took it and examined it. "That's not the end of the story I'm guessing." She touched the picture of both me kissing Rose's cheek.

I shook my head. "How'd you know?" I asked.

"You treated her like a queen Jayden. You still hold her in your wallet after everything she's done. There's definitely more to the story."

I nodded, understanding what she meant. "I told her to get into my car and I'd take her home. She knew this was the end of us but she went in my car. I had to take the back roads because the freeway had a lot of traffic and I needed her out of my car and away from me. She continued to beg me to forgive her and to trust her. She told me that I was her love. I didn't believe it though, no matter how much I wanted too I couldn't allow myself too."

Erika squeezed my hand and I wanted to hug her tightly but I restrained myself from doing so. She must of known this is where it would get bad.

"My car broke down and she instantly started begging me and being reckless. It hurt too much to watch a girl I fell in love with use me like I'm a fucking toy." I shook my head and the memory of that night blurred together in my mind. "I gave up on fixing my car and walked in the road ragging from her being annoying as fuck. I was pacing and she stood in the middle of the road to stop me from pacing and I did. I wanted to kiss her so badly because I was raging and I felt like maybe if I kissed her I wouldn't be so damn angry but I restrained myself from doing so." Erika's eyes were searching through mine, her expression was worrisome.