Chapter 1: Road Trip

For the first time in forever! I get to go on vacation! Ever since I finished high school my lovely parents understood that I didn't want to go to university so I started working at a garage where I get to fix cars all day, and with the money that I earned, plus the money that I saved, I was able to buy an amazing two story house that I get to share with my two friends that I consider sisters.

I started working as a martial arts assistant instructor, but got fired because one of the sexist dads said that I shouldn't be teaching his kid because I was a girl. He thought that if I was teaching his son, he would become a sissy, or something like that, but get this, his son won 6 gold medals while I was coaching him. Suck on that Craig.

"Hey Cassie?! Are you ready?" Mari yelled as she barged into my room. Mari was a tall red head. She was about 5"11, with bright, curly, red hair and bright green eyes. Her pale skin made her hair look brighter. She was a spitting image of her birth mother.

"Of course you're not." She muttered under her breathe as she began to throw the curtains open. My room was facing to the backyard so in the morning the sun doesn't shine in my face. I smiled at this as I snuck a glance at a fuming Mari, but as soon as I was about to close my eyes again her frowned suddenly turned into a smirk.

"Fine." She turned around so that she was now walking towards the door. "I guess this means that Betty and I will have an extra seat in the car. On the way to California." She made sure to emphasize each word in the last sentence as she shut the door slowly to add a dramatic effect.

I shot up from my bed suddenly remembering that I haven't packed. I quickly pulled out my big duffel bag from under the bed and quickly went to my walk in closet. Since we were going to be there for a week I grabbed ten shirts, five shorts, two jeans, five pairs of socks, three dresses, two sweaters(in case), underwear, and my favorite strappy black swimsuit. I grabbed my silver sandals, then my gold sandals and then lastly my black docs. I rolled up my clothes to save space for my shoes, and put my toiletries in a small pouch and stuffed that in there as well. I went to my cabinet again grabbing a towel and placing that over everything. I zipped up the bag and went to my bathroom to do my business.

What I love about this house is that for every room it had it's own bathroom so the girls and I didn't need to fight over one bathroom, otherwise there would be blood everywhere.

Since it was November, snow had started to fall here in Minnesota so I grabbed a pair of black leggings, a long grey v-neck and my favorite black and floral jacket. As I got out of the bathroom I put on my my blue socks with cute little foxes and grabbed my docs and bag and ran down the stairs. As I stepped on the bottom stepped I was greeted with a round of applause from my two friends.

"A new record." Betty said looking down on her watch. Mari nodded in approval as she got an apple from the fruit basket and threw it at me. I caught with ease, even though I was out of breathe from running.

"How long?" I asked Betty, giving her an amazing view of the chewed apple inside my mouth.

"15 minutes." She said cringing in disgust. "And close your mouth."

"Yes mother." I rolled my eyes at her. Elizabeth, or Betty as she likes to be called, is the eldest amongst the three of us, and definitely looks like it. She may be shorter than Mari by 5 inches, but she works her best with what she has, always standing with a perfect posture that screams power. Her gray eyes make her look deadly, but in a good way. Her straight, dirty blond hair is always tied back in either a bun or a simple ponytail. Her soft facial features though make her look. She had a tattoo on her tan back. It was an arrow with a crescent moon in the middle of it, it made her look even more bad ass.

She's the only one to graduate Harvard with a masters in law, since she's a fresh grad she wasn't able to get a job right away but Betty can be persuasive in many ways thanks to her law degree, so she was able to land herself and secretary position, but then got fired only to start her own restaurant called Betty's Grill. She did all that within the course of 6 months. She turns 23 in two months.

Marianna is the next, like me she also didn't go to uni but with the help of Betty she is now in the marketing world, wherein she creates ads. And she writes in her spare time. She was able to publish one of her works called Cheers to the Broken. She's sold 1 million copies and counting. She turns 21 next year. I guess the only unexpected thing that Mari did, besides not going to uni, was to get a tattoo. It was an arrow, but instead of a stick connecting the tip and the feather it was an elipsis.

Then last, and definitely the least, me. I graduated high school with first honors, didn't go to uni, started working as a martial arts assistant instructor, then got a job at an autobody shop. I used to have long, wavy, dark brown hair, but then I cut it a little bit above my shoulder and it became curly. Then a few weeks after cutting it I colored it to an ombre lavender. When I turned eighteen I got a tattoo of an arrow underneath my pinky. It became a traditon amongst the three of us, to get an arrow tattoo at eighteen. I'm 19 now, but I'm turning 20 in 6 days. It one of the many reasons why we are going on this trip.

"Who's driving? Dibs not it!" Mari yelled as she grabbed her bags and hauled ass to the car.

"Dibs not it!" I yelled as I grabbed a whole bunch of chips and snacks and my duffel and ran to the car. I saw Mari open the door to the passenger seat in the front so I opened one of the doors to the back seat. We were taking Betty's red Ram 1500, since she was the only one with a truck.

Betty sighed as she started to slowly walk to her truck. She threw her bags into the back and closed the cover locking it in the process. She played with her keys as she took her precious time walking towards the driver's seat.

"Ok, it's 6 o'clock and it takes 5 hours to get to North Dakota. So we'll make a stop at a McDonald's there. Are you girls ready for a 30 hour long road trip?" She asked enthusiastically.

"Hell yeah!!!" Mari and I cheered. Cali here we come!