Chapter 7: Party Crashers

We got out of the car and followed Vince to the entrance of a beautiful garden. It was filled with different kinds of flower. Daffodils, roses, lilacs, you name it. Vince continued walking leaving us with little to time to marvel at the gorgeousness of the garden. He took us deeper into the garden until we reached a white see through tent. Inside you could see people wearing formal attire. Woman in floral themed gowns and dresses, men in tuxedoes or in button ups and silk pants.

"Why's it so formal? Isn't it just an office party?" Betty asked. Vince turned to give her an icy glare then turned back and walked into the tent, leaving the three of us outside.

"Someone's on their period." The three of us muttered at the same time. We looked at each other horrified and started laughing. "God, I spend too much time with you idiots." I said in between laughs.

"Who you callin' idiots? You're technically the third Stooge." Mari said.

"What are the three of you doing out here." We whipped out heads to the direction of the voice and found the man who treated us like his own children.

"PAPA CHRIS!" The three of us tackled Chris in a hug.

"Are you even considered women?" Chris groaned from underneath. We giggled and got up. We pulled Chris up cause he looked like he was having a hard time.

"You mister." Betty said pointing her finger at him. "Have a lot of explaining to do."

"I know, but all you need to know is that your fathers were, are, big time drug lords that need to be stopped. I was sent by the FBI to go undercover and try to get information. I actually became good friends with them, up until I found out how they were treating their children. I kept up the act and got them to trust me, so that while they went to work you kids could hang with me. I fell in love with you guys and I knew I had to get you away from these men. You're fathers had this big trade that was to be made the day you three ran away. I was about to call the FBI but then your fatjers dound me and beat me up. Your mothers saw and ran back to Mari's house where you were all playing." I remembered painting 8 year old Betty's nails as 6 year old Mari braided little me's hair.

"So in short, you kids had to run away. I was able to call back up, but it was too late cause you fathers got away." Chris looked so sad. "I'm sorry I couldn't help you girls. I'm sorry I couldn't find you."

"Papa, it's fine. We understand." I said rubbing his back. Mari came to his other side and gave him a side hug. Betty came up to him and hugged him. "You girls are bad ass little angels. You know that right?"

"Duh!" We exclaimed, giggling. Chris smiled at us and placed his hands on Mari and I's shoulders. Betty came to my side and wrapped her arm around my waist, as I did the same to her.

"Let's go inside, I have a surprise for you."

Chris led us into the tent. Now that I was inside I noticed that the space was mostly occupied by teenagers and young adults. A guy that looked around my age made his way towards our little group.

"Well Chris, I didn't think you were one to go for younger girls." He said winking. The girls and I scrunched our noses in disgust and detached ourselves from Papa Chris. We made our way to the guy and Mari and I kicked both of his shins, while Betty pushed him back so that he landed on his butt with a big thud. At the sound of his fall people turned to look at us. "It's bad to assume." Betty told him darkly as she satred him down, making the guy audibly gulp.

"Bitch." Mari and I sneered. Chris started laughing, hard, and soon enough the entire crowd started to laugh at the poor guy.

"You girls grew up to be little devils." A lady said laughing. She looked familiar with her dirty blond hair, slightly chubby, yet curvy, figure and tan skin. Her green eyes sparkled with amusement.

"Amy, lovely that you could make it." Chris kissed the lady's cheek as a form of greeting. "Of course, wouldn't miss the chance to be reunited with my daughter again." Amy said looking at Betty who looked like she just saw a ghost. Oh! Now I recognize her.

"Oh hey mama Ames!" I said. "I'm hungry- WAIT?!? MAMA AMES?!?!?" I exclaimed just as Betty fainted. I felt like fainting as well. And guess what! I did just that.

Sorry it's short, I hate grade 10.