Chapter 14

updating a day early because:

a. this is a fun chapter

b. we hit 1.3k reads holla @ me !! thank you, you deserve this chap a day early

(Harry's POV)

It was Friday, I had been working at the diner for a week straight, every day from morning to night. I worked overtime to get my college money. I really was making good progress though, I now had three college fund jars full of money. If that's not progress, what is? All of the countless hours at the same place doing the same thing would pay off. I knew it would. I just can't wait for the day that I'm out of here and in a classroom.

It was about 12:45, time for my break, thank God- and even better; I spotted Avery sitting at a booth by herself, her laptop in front of her. She was typing away. I missed her, it had been a week since she told me she wanted to kiss me, which I still think about by the way. I know I know, pathetic. I just really wish I had mints that night.

I walked over to her booth, sitting across from her. She shut her laptop slowly, glancing at me to see who I was. Her raised brow and pursed lip soon turned into a smile when she saw it was me.

"Long time no see."

"I know," I agreed. "You need to get me out of here, I've been working all week."

"Well, Jackie's dragging me to a college party tonight. You could come if you want, get a taste of that college life, right?"

"Damn, I haven't drank in so long. I'm in," I smiled from ear to ear at the thought of a nice beer and some music. I've been working so hard.

"Says the guy who called me high last week," She whispered the word high because Donna walked by.

I rolled my eyes at her. "It was a one time thing."

And it was a one time thing. I felt so lathargic and hungry all night.

"Anyway, this will be new to the both of us, I still haven't gone to a Harvard party, yet," She said, changing the conversation.

That was easy, I haven't gotten out of work or the apartment for a while, this was going to be so refreshing. 

"Oh, by the way, do you want anything to eat?" I asked, cocking my head to the side.

"Could I have a strawberry milkshake?" 

"Yeah, come on," I got up from the booth and gestured for her to follow me. She packed her MacBook up and then followed me as I led her into the kitchen. I grabbed the ingredients and pulled out the blender. 

She took it upon herself to sit up on the counter next to where I was. Her legs were dangling as I put scoops of strawberry ice cream into the blender. 

(Avery's POV)

I saw Harry's boss, Donna, walk past again. She winked at me as she carried a plate of hashbrowns and eggs to the main area. I looked over at Harry and watched as he blended the ingredients for the milkshake.

"When was the last time you went to a party?" I asked Harry, wiggling my eyebrows.

"It's been months. I've been working too hard to stop and party," He shook his head, turning off the blender and pouring it into an old-fashioned, tall milkshake glass. "What time is that party anyway?"

"Starts at 10, people probably don't show up until 11." 

"Cool," He replied, handing me my milkshake with a smile. 

-

Jackie and I were finally ready, I wore light wash high waisted jeans, a gray ribbed tank top, and a flannel thrown over the top like a jacket. She was wearing a black lace up shirt and some skinny jeans. I had to say we looked pretty bomb.