Chapter 44

last chapter. thank you guys so much <3

-

I rolled over in bed, reaching out for my favorite person with a yawn, but he wasn't there. I rubbed my eyes and opened them, all confused. I sniffed, but I didn't smell waffles, bacon, or eggs, and I didn't hear the sound of pans sizzling. 

I groaned, annoyed that he always had to wake up first and leave me hanging. I missed the days when I had to rip his arms off of me. He had learned to be responsible and get up at a decent time. It was a Saturday, I don't know why he had to be up so early. I looked over at the clock, it was eight am, isn't it illegal to wake up before eight on a Saturday? It's just common sense. 

I held the blankets up to my face, reminiscing in his scent, wanting one more second before I got up. 

I forced myself to get out of bed, walking into the living room. I strolled into Rose's room, stifling my yawn as I saw her sleeping in her bed. I smiled and shut her door silently, making my way to the bedroom. I grabbed my phone off the nightstand, calling Harry.

I strolled back into the kitchen, pouring myself some orange juice as I pressed the phone to my ear with my shoulder.

"Hey," I heard his husky morning voice, making me smile to myself as I took my first sip of juice.

"Hey, where are you?"

"At the diner, they wanted me to come in to interview someone for a job. I just finished up, I'm just gonna wait tables for a little and then come home."

"How long is a little?" I groaned.

"Forty minutes to an hour maybe? I'm just waiting for someone to show up and take the shift."

"I have an idea," I smirked.

"What is it?" He laughed. "You sound devious."

I shook my head as if he could see me. "It's a pretty vanilla idea, no worries. Can I come in for breakfast? I'm tired and hungry."

"I mean yeah, but what about Rose? Is she still sleeping?" 

"Shit," I sighed. I couldn't leave her here completely by herself.

Jackie lived on the floor above me in the apartment complex. I shot her a quick text, asking if she could babysit for an hour and a half tops. "I'm asking Jackie."

My phone buzzed and I saw that she had agreed and was going to bring Trey along. "She's coming!" I cheered. "That was so easy. I'm gonna come into the diner by myself, just like old times."

"Can't wait. I'm saving you a spot at the bar," He said. "Bye."

"Bye."

I got up from my seat and walked into my bathroom. I quickly brushed my teeth, put on deodorant, and changed into a comfy, gray crewneck and some black shorts. I hurriedly put on some mismatched socks and slid on some vans. I threw my messy hair up in a ponytail and was ready. I finished putting on my chapstick just as Jackie knocked on the door.

I let her in and gave her a big hug, thanking her for coming in on literally less than a five-minute notice. I was off on my way.

-

"Heyyy," I smiled, sitting in the barstool I always chose when Harry and I first started talking. 

"I'm getting major flashbacks," Harry chuckled, leaning against the bar. 

"Why is no one here?" I yawned, looking around. "Wouldn't eight am on a Saturday be rush hour for you guys?"

"There's a breakfast banquet thing down on the Harvard campus today, it's free," He shrugged.