Chapter 1

I remember the day. The day that I was told my parents died in an explosion. The day that I lost my home and forced to fend for myself. Screaming and crying was how I reacted. I lost everything that was important to me. It was from then on that I realised that I was truly alo-

"Hey, Laurissa. I get that you're contemplating and all, but it's valentine's day, so we're busy. Move it!" My boss and best friend, Avada urged arrogantly. I nodded in determination, and started to help customers, both human and robot/omnic, who were looking for the perfect bouquets, for themselves or for others. We're the most practical flower shop in the world, almost no hard light and advanced technology to make our bouquets. Only the realist flowers we can get.

It's been seven years since that day, and six years since Overwatch disbanded. My name is Laurissa Vero. I'm a twenty two year old florist. I mean, what else do you expect from me? I have brown hair, green eyes... A plain Jane, you know? I mean, I'm certainly not on the ugly side, but I'm not favoured on the beautiful side either. I guess people would describe me as aloof, a daydreamer, like-

"Laurissa! Don't space out again! I need your help!" Avada screamed from the back of the store. I nodded and ran to help her. She was holding cardboard boxes that contained a wide variety of flowers, and she shoved one into me, nearly putting me off my balance. "Give these to Aaron. He needs to deliver those flowers to the address written on the box."

I saluted her, and walked over to Aaron, who was helping a red-haired woman. I handed it to him (he's our delivery boy), and he immediately jumped onto his motorcycle, and left, while I was waving him goodbye. Walking back into the shop, the red-haired woman stopped me, and gave me this pleading look of desperation.

"Um... My name is Emily, and I need help. My girlfriend, Lena, I want to get her some flowers to celebrate valentine's day, but I don't know which ones to get. Would you mind helping me?" Emily murmured quietly. I smiled at her, and nodded, looking around for one that would be perfect for her partner. I reached behind the counter and took out the one that I was currently making.

"Here. These are calla lilies, amaryllis' and red roses. Calla lilies and amaryllis represent beauty, and, if you didn't know by now, red roses are for love. Sorry, I was in the middle of making this one, but I thought it would be perfect for you to give to Lena!" I beamed, giving my best smile towards her. Her eyes lit up, and she shook my hand. She waved goodbye after paying, and left the store, the bouquet in her right hand.

"Another job well done, I assume? It probably doesn't match up to my level." A feminine voice spoke behind me. I turned to see Maria, a bitchy co-worker of mine that I never liked. God, I just feel like punching her in the face. She smirked at me, and I flipped her off. "So childish. Why can't you just act normal for once, like me?"

"Fuck you, hoe." I cursed threateningly. She grinned and walked home. Her shift probably ended. I looked at the digital clock, which was blaring '16:22' brightly. My shift already ended a long time ago... "Avada, I'm going home now!"

"Alright, be careful going home!" She shouted once again from the back, and I put my apron on the counter, grabbed my coat from the rack, and walked out of the shop. As I walked home, I sighed. I'm so tired... I felt my eyes begin to close as I walked down the street. It was empty for some reason. Abruptly, I felt my forehead bump into something metallic, only to realise that I bumped into a metal pole. Someone walked in front of me and held out their hand.

"Need a hand?" I heard a masculine voice say. I took his hand, and got up, rubbing my forehead. Then, it hit me. I look like a dumbass right now! Please tell me this guy didn't see what just happened. I looked up, to see a cowboy standing in front of me.

"Thanks. Please tell me you didn't see me do that just now." I groaned in embarrassment. He laughed and shrugged it off. I didn't know cowboys were this nice. And lived in the present. "You probably did. If so, I assure you, I usually never do things like that."

"Alright then. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. The name's McCree. Have we met somewhere...?" He introduced, holding out his hand once more. I took it and smiled. My reputation isn't gonna be ruined just yet.

"Laurissa. Laurissa Vero. And no, I don't believe we have met." I answered back. He stared at me with some sort of disbelief and shock. "Is my name really that surprising...?"

"No, never mind. I guess I might see you around, Laurissa." He said, tipping his hat. I laughed, and we both parted ways. Maybe we did meet somewhere, who knows?

After walking some more, I looked at the ominous looking alleyway in front of me. I always dreaded walking through here, mostly because of how dark it always was, even on the sunniest days. Walking through, I took out a gun from my bag. Yes, I carry a gun. Yes, it's illegal for people like me, but my parents always told me that safety and self-defence is important. I held it out straight in front of me. I aint dying today.

"Are you Laurissa Vero, amiga?" A woman appeared in front of me. She had a Spanish accent and was approaching me gradually. I shook my head after a moments worth of thinking. I held up the gun to point at her face. "Maldito Mentiroso. Are you sure you want to do that? Do you want all your friends and co-workers to know that your parents were criminals?"

"How the fuck do you know that?" I stammered, backing away from her. She smiled, and walked straight up to me, her face close to mine. She pressed on my nose, and then backed away.

"Boop. Apagando las luces." She said, and I felt my vision going dark and blurry. I was becoming unconscious. I slumped against the wall, sliding to the floor. Shit, I should've dealt with her earlier. My vision was consumed by the darkness, and I knew that my world was about to change.

..................................

Yay! The first chapter for my overwatch fanfic! Ok, so I don't think this is that good, but I'll leave it up to you to decide whether this is good. Also, I might get the timeline and ages fucked up because not much information about OW has been released yet (please bear with me). So, we met three official characters, and saw a little bit of two of my own characters. We met Sombra, McCree and Emily, tracer's girlfriend, and we saw Aaron and Avada. Will we see more of all these characters in the story? Not entirely sure. But what we will see is the good shit from me.

-MelodyMay