Chapter 7

"You need to understand, Gabriel. If you had a child, you'd understand our circumstances." I could hear my mother outside say to Gabriel. He sighed.

"The only way to be with her is to work. Unless you want to send her to an orphanage, and you want to go to prison, then it's better to just work." He remarked, and my mother broke down crying. She probably wanted to put her criminal ways behind her. My father wanted to as well. Sometimes, I thought it was my fault my parents were always so sad. But nothing could be changed.

"Hey, amiga! Wake up! You're going to go on a mission with Reaper and Widowmaker. They're gonna go get that doomfist gauntlet." Sombra shook me awake. I rubbed my eyes, and they were all standing in the hallway. I walked with them, and they stopped me.

"Laurissa, you're too important of an asset to us right now, for us to risk you. So, you're going to be backup. You're going to hide, and take my abilities, along with a sniping gun." Widowmaker ordered. I nodded to her plan, and we entered in the helicopter, and exited, at a block further away from the museum. That was until that giant ape found us, and that short haired girl. Shit. I ran into the museum, pretending to be a bystander, and looked around. It was just old relics, things that were considered memorabilia. There were two kids here as well. I stayed out of their way, and suddenly, the ape broke through the roof with Widowmaker. I ran and got to cover. I could hear Reaper shooting and laughing, while the bullets from Widowmaker's sniping flew through the air. I got out my sniper and aimed at the monkey. I pressed the trigger, but it only hit his gear that he was wearing. I ran to another place for cover, I tried to shoot the girl from a higher place, but she was too focused on Widowmaker. I nearly hit her blue core, but she moved in a blink of an eye. The battle was ending, and we were losing. I don't even think the ape and the girl realised I was there. Before I knew it, Widowmaker was using her grappling hook, and Reaper grabbed on to it. I started to sprint, and I jumped high enough to make it to the line, so we exeunt the museum, but the ape was still following us, and the girl. While we were in the air, I felt my hand slipping from the hook, and suddenly, I felt myself flying, and both shouting my name. I felt my life flash before my eyes, and the wind caressing my skin as I was falling. I'm going to die. I knew it. I should've held on to the hook tighter... I closed my eyes. Damn my carelessness. It won't be so bad, dying.

"Winston! The girl!" screamed a British accent. I opened my eyes, to see that I've stopped falling, and that the ape caught me. Winston... Sounds humane. I stood up and glared at them. Shit. I'm going to be sent to prison.

"Are you alright?" Winston asked, his voice deep. After a few minutes, I nodded. Aren't they going to drag me off to jail? I was praying in my head that they weren't. God, I can already see me wearing a prison uniform. "You're going to have to come with us."

"Am I... Am I going to prison?" I asked in fear. The girl laughed, and put a hand on my shoulder, giving me a reassuring pat on the back.

"No, silly! We're going to the base, and we're taking you with us. Last time, we failed the mission to bring you back, but we've finally got you!" She squealed in delight. I smiled at her. Her bubbly personality made her approachable, and she seemed nice.

"Laurissa, we're from Overwatch. I'm Winston, a scientist at Overwatch, and this is Lena Oxton, otherwise known as 'Tracer', who is an agent." Winston explained. I nodded, and a helicopter flew above us. We all got inside, and in a blink of an eye, we were already there.

I followed Tracer and Winston through the corridors, to go into a room, with a group inside. They were all arguing, and the conversations were almost to shouting level. It then died down when everyone noticed me. I waved shyly, then hid behind Winston. They seemed to be death glaring me...

"Laurissa! It's me, Genji!" The cyborg exclaimed, running up to me and hugging me. I was in shock, before hugging him back. Honestly, I never thought I would see him again. "Hanzo, come and greet Laurissa!"

A man walked up to us. His hair was in a short ponytail, and he was holding a bow and arrow. He was wearing a black kimono and a black hakama (trousers, basically) that were tucked into his metallic boots. A tattoo was embroidered all the way down his left arm. Is this Hanzo...?

"Hanzo...? Is that you?" I asked, releasing myself from Genji's grips. He walked closer, and it was then that I could truly see that it really was Hanzo. Genji pulled us into a group hug, and I blushed. The nostalgia... The last time I saw them was ten years ago, I was ten. Genji was twenty-five and Hanzo was 28. I released them from my grip.

"You've grown up since we last saw you." Hanzo stated. I nodded and smiled politely. Something gold glided towards me, and I suddenly felt my cheeks being pulled. In front of my face was Angela Ziegler, who didn't look a day older.

"Laurissa! You've grown so big! You're so pretty!" She complimented, as she kept poking and pulling my cheeks like an old grandma. She stopped, and I smiled at her.

"Thanks! You haven't aged, doctor, have you? You're still so beautifully young." I added. She blushed, and looked away, denying it. I still saw some more people. There was an old man, who was leaning against the wall, a red thing in front of his eyes, and wearing a blue, red and white jacket. There was another man sleeping on a sofa, sprawled, and I instantly recognise him as McCree, the man who helped me up after I hit my forehead on the pole.

Angela looked back at the old guy, who nodded at her, and she came closer to me. Everyone moved out of her way.

"Laurissa... Will you join Overwatch?"

..................................................................

Hey! I like this chapter! I don't think I really described the animatic well. If you guys didn't realise, I based this off the animatic, where Reaper and Widowmaker go to retrieve the gauntlet of Doomfist, in the Overwatch museum, but end up being thwarted by Winston and Tracer. So, yeah, I enjoyed this one.

-MelodyMay