Prologue

Sammy

Another August morning woke me up, causing me to sit up in bed. I looked over to the bare back that was facing me, her body turned away from me. Her blonde hair sprawled across my pillow, arms tucked under it. I kissed her naked shoulder, making her stir.

"Good morning, baby." She mumbled, inhaling.

"Morning." I replied softly.

"Breakfast?"

"I'll start it up. Come down when you're ready."

She curled back into the covers as I got out of bed and slipped on shorts. I quietly went downstairs to the kitchen, trying not to wake the others in the house. As I began breakfast for everyone, Johnson came down the stairs.

"Morning, bro." He yawned.

"Is eggs and bacon good?"

He nodded. One by one, everyone made it downstairs and breakfast was served. As usual, we ate in peace. It was this strange thing we do, we were all still tired and didn't talk to each other much until breakfast was over.

"Plans for the day?" Hayes asked.

"Jack and I are hitting the studio all day." Gilinsky said.

"We're going out shopping." Madison bobbed her head towards the girl sitting next to her.

"Just chillin', really. Maybe i'll go hang out with Ben." I answered with a shrug.

"Can I come with you guys?" Hayes asked Gilinsky, he nodded.

So I guess I was alone today.

**

After seeing Benny for a couple of hours this morning, I was by myself when the sunset rolled around. Everyone was out which left me lonely at home. I decided going out for a little wouldn't hurt anyone, so I put on my Vans and locked up the house. I took in the amazing view of the sunset as I walked to no where in paticular. I passed town, including one of my favorite bars. It was a friday night and there was no stopping me from heading inside. Just before crossing the street, I spotted a familiar head.

I didn't end up crossing the street, my heart was crumbling inside my chest and my feet refused to move. Through the glass windows of Dave's Bar, my eyes watched as she laughed and smiled and drank with someone that was not me. She looked so different yet that was the same face that saved me from the darkness. Her smile was twice as wide as it was when she was with me, she looked happier.

I went a whole year avoiding her, but of course she was everywhere. Social media, t.v, the radio— she was hard to get away from. After the fallout, she never wanted to see me again and this time she meant it. I didn't blame her.

I went home that night, my lips touched every bottle that was in the house as I cried. I sat in the hallway, back against the wall as the tears streamed down making my face puff up. Every emotion, every feeling, and every thought came out of me that night. I had her and I lost her, but I felt as empty two years later as I did that first night. Once again I end up empty, alone, and miserably drunk. My friends told me I'd feel it one day; happiness. I would move on and find someone new to love. I thought I was doing fine.

But, all it took was one glance. Now all I can think about was how my heart felt like it was in a pit of lava as I saw Albany wrapped up in someone's arms at the bar, and that someone was not me. I couldn't get that out of my head, but thankfully I was in a house that I had all to myself.

I guess it's time to tell you the story of how I really lost the best thing that happened to me.

______________

SO I KNOW I SAID I WASN'T GOING TO WRITE A SEQUEAL BUT SOOOOO MANY PEOPLE ASKED ME TO SO IN HONOR OF ARTWORK HITTING 100K READS, HERE'S THE PROLOGUE. THE UPDATES WILL BE SLOW IN THE BEGINNING SO BARE WITH ME. I LOVE YOU ALL ❤

and YES, this story WILL mostly be in Sam's POV for the beginning. Hope you enjoy!

Don't forget to vote & comment!!

- G