12

Sammy

I stood up from my seat, ready to punch this dude in the face. I was much taller than he was so I towered over him, he was definitely intimidated just by that.

Albany stepped in front of me, placing her hand on my chest. She stopped me from getting any closer to him making me start to get angry.

"Get away from her." I gritted through my teeth.

"Sam, stop it." She scolded, hitting her little hand at my chest as if it was going to hurt.

"What do you want, Carter?" She turned to the boy, looking hurt and scared.

I wrapped my arm securly around her waist and pulled her closer. The d-bag looked at the two of us, trying to find something to say.

"I-I...I'm sorry." He tried giving Albany the look. The one that makes me you forgive and say yes.

The way she looked at him made my heart stop, was she really about to forgive this asshole?

"You really think it's that easy?"

I let out a sigh of relief, thank god. For a split second I thought she was going to say 'it's okay'. That's my girl.

"No, Al, I just-"

"She's been so much happier and better without you, even after everything you did. So do us both a favor and walk away before I make you." I demanded, holding in every ounce of anger inside of me.

"And who are you?" Carter spat, crossing his arms.

At this point I had enough of this dick so I grabbed him by the collar and shoved him against the counter. Albany was yelling my name but it didn't stop me.

"Listen here, asshole. I'm the one who fixed her after you ruined her. I'm the one who gave her hope again after you destroyed everything inside of her. She's my girl and if I ever see you near her again, you're going to have a bigger problem than just me."

I took his silence as fear and that I got my message acoss, so I backed away after shoving him a little more. My chest rose and fell rapidly as I tried to catch my breath, this guy wore me out with my anger. I watched Albany put a twenty dollar bill on the table before she grabbed my hand and pulled me out of Chester's.

She was panting too, from running out of the building so fast and straight for the car. She leaned against the passenger door, placing her hands on her knees.

"Al, i'm sorry I-"

Her arms flung around my neck, pulling me down to her height and into a tight hug. It took me a moment to realize what was going on, I then wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Thank you." She whispered.

***