From The Get-go, I Knew This Was Hard To Hold

Jasey’s P.O.V.

It was summer, the slow summer breeze was flying through the park, the screams and cries came from the park opposite. My blonde hair was blowing in the wind. This is my favourite place. It was where I first learned to ride a bike, where I broke her leg and where I had her first kiss. Pretty much all my memories were in this park. 

There was a harsh buzz from her pocket, she checked her phone and it was a text.

“Hey, need you home now, ordering Chinese, I’ll get the usual! 

J”

My brother broke the cooker, so we’ve been getting takeaway every night, and we don’t have enough to buy a new one. How I love him. Jack Barakat, he’s my brother. Yep he’s that guy that’s on half my year’s wall. The reason why I suddenly get loads of ‘friends’ when he comes to get me at school. To be honest, I don’t see what’s so great about him, I mean yeah, he can play guitar and he’s famous, but he’s my brother so I think I’d need a bit of help if I said he was good-looking.

I grabbed my bag off the bench and threw my diary in it. I take my diary everywhere, I write in it, draw in it, stick photos in it. Its like my personal scrapbook. I took my ipod out my back and clicked shuffle. Love Drunk by Boys Like Girls came on. This song meant so much to me yet so little. It reminded me of my ex, Christopher, Chris, whatever. It was our song, y’know, the song you have your first kiss with them. It was kind of.. ironic if that’s the word, we thought we were so inlove, like nothing could split us, and then he cheated on me, so I was heartbroken and that’s what the songs about.. Anyway though, he keeps texting me saying he’s sorry, he didn’t mean to and that he was drunk. I knew it was a lie.

I stood at the bus stop waiting for the bus that took me right outside my house. I love just sitting watching the world. I make up lives for the people I see, within 5 minutes I saw I Russian spy, a doctor who saved someone from death and a drug dealer. Not the best imaginings but that’s my mind. While I was waiting I saw a familiar face in the distance, I thought I knew them but I didn’t want to wave. As the face got closer I realised it was Jack’s best friend Alex.

“Hey there m’lady, take it your going home? I’m coming with you! Jack wont tell me where he gets the Chinese!” Jack said with a little grin appearing.

“Hahah, typical, its that little run down place on the corner of Roach Street! Anyway, are you and the others coming over for practice?”I asked.

“Finally I can get that stuff for breakfast! Yep, Zach and Rian will come round when were finished with the Chinese, were in the middle of writing a new album, hasn’t Jack told you?”

Just before I could answer the bus and 2 others came at once, typical. We paid the driver and sat down near the back. It was about 7 at night, and the guy behind us was completely out of his mind drunk. He was talking to me and Alex, we just tried not to laugh at him. 

As the bus pulled up to the stop we stood up, walked to the front and thanked the driver. It started to get cold, we’d been on the bus half a hour, we accidentally took the wrong bus. We walked up to the house, the lights were on and I could hear drums and guitar from the basement, they guys had come early. 

“HAPPY CHINESE FOOD,” yelled Jack in our faces. I almost screamed. We’d been playing a game where you try to scare people and whoever wins, gets nothing except the joy of scaring them. Jack grabbed Alex and pulled him down to the basement. “Your foods in the kitchen! Sorry but we have to talk!”

I walked into the small kitchen, grabbed the food and ran up to my room. I took my diary out my bag and threw the bag on the chair in my room. I sat down on my bed and started eating my Chinese. I open my diary and decided to write.

Dear Diary, 

I hate how Jack always pulls Alex away; I just want to speak to him. He makes me feel safer and happier. I want to try and make him think of me as a girl who he’d like, not just Jacks sister. The girl who’s perfect, the girl who wants to be with.

Chris has been texting again though, he wants to get back together. He’s been saying everything I want to hear, just not from him. Yeah he’s a nice guy, but not the person who I’d want to marry or anything, but I don’t think I have a chance with Alex, should I go back to him? What if he just hurts me again..?

Gosh, I like Alex so much just talking to him gives me butterflies, but I’ve learned how to act normal around him now. But I don’t know how to tell him I like him without making a fool of myself. But if it’s meant to be, I’ll find a way.