Chapter 3: Platform 9 ¾

The girls met up again after Charlie and Adelaide left Gringotts. They got ice cream before they continued to shop for books, gloves, and everything else a young witch needs. All they had left to buy were robes.

The four girls walked into the robes shop to get fitted. As they walked in, they were greeted by the shop owner. “Hogwarts dears?”

“Yes,” Jade answered. She hadn’t talked much since their arrival. Though, unless it was just herself and Lyra, she didn’t talk much anyways, and even when she was with Lyra she let her do most of the talking.

The girls got on top of the pedestals and a magic tape measure started to measure them. Jade jumped slightly. This magic stuff was going to take some getting used to. Even though she never really cared for the Harry Potter books, she had to admit this was pretty cool.

“Hi Charlie, Adelaide,” said a voice behind them. The girls turned to see Harry standing next to Draco Malfoy.

“You know them,” asked Draco.

“I met them at Gringotts,” Harry replied, dismissing the other boy’s rudeness.

Charlie and Adelaide went on to introduce Lyra and Jade. After introductions, the girls listened as Draco talked to Harry.

“-I think I’ll bully my father into getting me one and I’ll sneak it in somehow,” Draco mused.

Jade was getting rather annoyed with this boy. He reminded her of the jocks at the girl’s muggle school, who only talked about sports and cars.

“Have you all got your own brooms,” Draco asked the odd group and Harry

Harry looked notable uncomfortable before they all answered no.

“Play Quidditch at all?”

“No,” Harry answered along with jade.

“Yes,” answered Adelaide, Lyra, and Charlie.

“What Position,” Draco countered. He had this look in his eyes as if he didn’t believe they even knew what Quidditch was.

“Beater,” answered Adelaide, proudly.

“And we’re both Chasers!” Lyra said, equally excited. Although it was a little geeky to admit, the three of them had all participated in the muggle version of Quidditch. They would play it at the public park, surprised the first time at how many people joined in.

Draco dismissed them and continued to talk to Harry. “Well, I play Quidditch as well. Father says it’ll be a crime if I’m not picked to play for my house, and I must say, I agree. Know what house you’ll be in yet?”

“No,” said Harry, looking rather embarrassed.

“Well no one really knows until they get there do they, nut I know I’ll be in Slytherin. My whole family has been in Slytherin- imagine being in Hufflepuff. I think I would leave, wouldn’t you?”

“What’s wrong with Hufflepuff,” asked Jade, defiantly. She didn’t know why she had been so snappy about it, but whenever Lyra would talk to her about the houses, Hufflepuff was always described as loyal and kindhearted. Why would this boy have a problem with that?

Draco scoffed at her. “That’s like asking why people get owls instead of toads.”

“Better Hufflepuff than Slytherin,” Jade muttered, to which Lyra stifled a laugh.

“Alright, dears,” said the shop owner. They went with their robes to the cash register. As they were about to leave, Jade made it a point to turn to Draco and stick her tongue out at him and call him a jerk before walking out of the shop before the other girls. As Lyra walked through the doorway, she heard Draco mumble, “Crazy Americans.”