Chapter 2: Freedom Day Part 1

If you want more, please vote or comment so I can hear your feedback! 🇺🇸

Wisteria felt light-headed.

No, it couldn't be. Mack...? NO.

Her voice was trembling as she spoke.

"Why...?"

"Oh, Wisty. I'm not the one you need to be afraid of." He spoke lightheartedly despite the situation, almost laughing.

Wisteria backed up, nearly tripping over her own paws.

She eyed him suspiciously before he ran off. She let him get away, as she didn't need more drama in her life at the moment.

She stood there for a few more moments, before running back over to her den. Hopefully Fman hadn't stolen any of her items.

Wisteria eventually came to the conclusion that he had taken one black long, but  she was too dazed to care that much. What did he mean by a greater enemy?

Soon she heard someone knock on her door. She opened it to see Bepper. At least this time she knew it wasn't about phantoms invading Jamaa again.

"Wisteria! They're having a freedom sale at the diamond shop!"  Bepper explained excitedly.

Wisteria wanted to curl up in her bed and rest more than anything, but decided to follow her friend to the shop.

"Why is there a freedom sale?"

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about." Bepper grinned as they went from door to door, bringing the rest of their friends along. Lilac was busy exploring Coral Canyons to look for new species, and therefor couldn't join them.

Bepper continued. "So, there's a freedom sale going on in the diamond shop." She explained to the others.

Most of them shared the same confused look as Wisteriamoon.

"You guys. We freed Jamaa of the phantoms!"

A look of understanding was passed from each animal to the next. Wisteria's mouth widened into a smile, along with the others.

As they went further into town, it became more noisy. There was cheering and marching bands around every corner.

They reached the diamond shop without any unusual occurrences, besides being congratulated. Gummy Unicorn and other jammers were heard being talked about as well.

They diamond shop was packed, since many already known items were being sold as freedom variants.

Wisteria bought a few of the items, while Bepper bought the entire set.

She gladly exited the crowded store, dismissing her shouting fans. The others were close behind.

They knew they would have to seek shelter from their raging fans, so acted quickly before their fans had noticed they were gone.

Wisteria lead the way as the five of them made their way to Mount Shiveer. Wisteria went a different path than any of them had previously seen, however, and they soon found themselves in a secluded cave.

Wisteria could hear gasps of surprise from her friends.

"How have we never noticed this here before?" Aparri asked, confusedly.

"That's besides the point. Something... bad happened."

The others looked at Wisteria curiously.

"Someone was living in my den while we were gone."

"How?! The phantoms should have gotten them!" Julian shouted in disbelief.

Wisteria continued. "This animal... was Fman122."

I hope you all had a great fourth if you live in the ❤️USA💙
Thank you so much for reading!