twelve (one)

chapter twelve

part one

ethel

Waking up in the arms of another is a strange feeling, to say the least. Our fingers are wrapped in knots in each others hair, the process of how they got there unknown. It's three forty-six in the morning, and the room is already alive with movement.

The buzzing sound of snoring in my ear along with mumbling of the others around the room are the first things I hear. I am in that raw state of awakening - I do not know who I am, where I am - but I do know I am alive.

And I know who's sleeping right beside me, the one reassuring feeling leaving me warm inside.

His eyelashes fall across his cheekbones, eyelids twitching with every small breath he takes. On his lips is a smug, broken smile, an endearing but also heart wrenching thump making itself known in my throat.

Louis is still hurting.

But I just guess he thinks I can help him get over it, he thinks there's something special in my mind and heart. I can't see it, I don't think anyone but him can see it.

Is that why he loves me?

Now I know what's happening, I am awake, and I know exactly who I am.

I am loved.

GUYS OK SO IM WRITING THIS CHAPTER IN TWO PARTS BECAUSE IT DIDNT FEEL RIGHT ADDING MORE ON TO THIS I FELT LIKE IT WOULD RUIN IT BUT DRAMA IN THE NEXT PART OH SHIT