chapter six

chapter six

harry

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

THE ROOM IS half full, all in silence with the exception of the strumming of our breathing. I try to flush out the sound of the sweaty intakes of air, hoping to hear the warm rumble of a rickshaw pulling up front.

Originally, the three teams were supposed to stay together. Somehow we let that fly away, which was a dumb thing to do. It was only the six of us, Louis, Liam, and Ethel still driving in the night. I kept texting them repeatedly, absolutely worried for the three of them.

Africa was a nice and bubbling place in the day, but when the night took set, things changed. Unthinkable things lurked in the night - and not just the animals. People. Bandits, kidnappers, despicable beings waiting for the team to come chugging up the road, out in the open.

Quite actually, too, Africa wasn't all too warm at night. In the northern regions, it went down remarkably, only another consuming factor, biting away at me like bugs. Oh, and the bugs, they were unbearable at night.

For the second night, it rained. Hard. Not like last night. Practically double the intensity. Lightning trickled down every few seconds, a constant interval of time between thunder roars. It was most certainly not a good night to be out.

Then, they come. Poor Ethel, all wide eyed, lips quivering and her movements small. She's an awkward little thing, cute as can be, and I can tell I'm not the only one who sees that. Louis, soaking wet and shivering in his clothes, now, he's always at her side, with such a smitten look that she doesn't see. Liam, groggy and out of step with the others who dash in, looks like a tired mess.

"Oh thank goodness, you three! We have been waiting for ages! I am so, so, glad your okay!" Rosa chirps as the trio stumble over to us. Liam cranes his neck over to look at her, suddenly awake, seizing her with a disgusted look.

"We're not okay." He hisses, half asleep under his breath. "The rickshaw broke down."

"Damn thing wouldn't budge. We had to get it towed by some man. Fucking managed to pop a tire or two in the process." Louis grunted, sitting down on the edge of a bed. Ethel just wanders there, a tiny timid and scared of the fuming boys. They must have been a struggle to deal with.

"Ah, well," Niall speaks up, "we could fix it up in the mornin', right?"

"Yeah, don't worry, mate." I nod in. "Go get fixed up yourselves. Go shower and grab something to eat. Zayn. Niall, Ashton, and I will clean everything up with the rickshaw before we leave."

"Fine."

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

hey this is short but hey also im double updating so shut up ily ok byeee

ps i didnt edit this oh no