chapter five

chapter five

ethel

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Rosa's words kept bouncing off the walls of my heart, echoing into my brain and into my bloodstream. I tried to not let it get into me but it clung to me better than I expected. This truly couldn't be happening, now could it? I couldn't really be in love, not with him. No, I couldn't possibly be in love with the goofy Louis Tomlinson.

Or so I thought.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

THE MORNING was merely a blur in my mind, bumping into walls and stumbling over my own two feet. I pulled my shirt over my head, my shorts squeezing my thighs with thick bandaging of denim. The air was sticky and warm, cheeks a glow of red as I stepped outside into the dewy air in front of the hotel.

The rickshaw came buzzing down from the lot just off to the side of the road, engine chugging. To be honest it was an adorable thing, watching Louis in the tiny car, hunched over with one knee sticking out of the side of the buggy. I hated to admit it, but I was jealous of whoever had been his girlfriend.

Liam and I hopped in, this time I sat in the front just for the sake of it. It was much different watching Louis drive from watching the back of his head, of course. Now he looked much more alive than just a muffle of hair bobbing around. He smiled, glancing at me every so often.

Maybe I wasn't all that jealous of his ex-girlfriend, she was his ex-girlfriend after all.

At one point, his arm slid over the back of the seat, the baby hairs on his forearm grazing my neck. I rolled my eyes, not letting him see me grin from his cliche move. I wouldn't let him have it, I wouldn't surrender myself under his stupid moves on me.

I picked up on it yesterday, actually. I realized those little times, like waking me up in the middle of the night just to talk, and that time when he touched my neck - I came to the conclusion that he was just flirting. He wasn't in love with me at all, really.

And that made me sad a little, because I guess I wanted him to be.

Awkwardly enough, Liam had fallen asleep in the back. It was comfortable enough there to nap, and I heard him complaining to Louis' earlier at the hotel about how hard the bed was. I could agree, but honestly it was a lot better than the rock based beds in the old dormitories at home.

So basically, it was Lou and I, in the rickshaw. We had been driving for twelve hours already, and the last bead of light strung in from the horizon, the headlights of the three wheeled car flickering every so often.

I tapped on my chin lightly, listening to him hum something under his breath. His mumbled singing is something I truly love about him, even if it sounds weird. His voice is soft and it has this carefree notion of brightness and sometimes I can't define exactly how it makes me feel.

His arm relaxed a little on my shoulders, a smile brushed on his lips that I spotted out of the corner of my eye. I nearly missed it, his lips washed upwards on the edges. A hand rubbed against the small of my back, making me squirm a little in my seat.

He felt me shuffle around, causing his smile to sprout on to a full on toothed grin, his eyes squinting with wrinkles ruffled on the edges of them. His fingers tickled my neck, making me laugh a little. It felt nice to laugh with his touches.

Suddenly, I didn't exactly need Louis' to love me or anything, I just liked the feeling of his arm around me, or how he touched my neck for no reason at all. I wanted that, all the time, and it was all his fault for making me feel this way.

His hand lazily pushed towards my ear, his fingers catching the baby hairs that fell loose from my pony tail. Louis' vision stayed straight ahead though, his focus on the road but everything else played on me.

His fingers were warm, a burst of heat against my pale skin with every connection. His humming was broken softly from the tones of music to short pauses in which he would sing the actual words. I couldn't tell what song it was, too coated in his touches to really analyze anything else.

Louis' fingertips trimmed my jawline sloppily, poking my cheeks, making me smile. I couldn't help but do anything else, because nothing else could really make me happy.

Eventually, my hands touched him too, tracing his shoulders, up his neck and across his collarbone. It seemed so awkward, just the two of us holding each other while Liam snored in the back, but it wasn't, it was lovely.

My arms fell back to my sides, my body slumping in my seat. I looked at him, my lips bubbling into a smirk. And then, just for a moment, a bare, beautiful moment,  he took his gaze off the road, arm reeling me in closer to him. Silent, he place his hand on my cheek, the other on the wheel, lips pressing loosely against my temple.

Okay, I'm admitting it. I am in deep, addicting love with Louis Tomlinson, and all I want back from him is for him to be in deep, addicting love with me, Ethel Deerling.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

omg ethel is a cutie i love her ok

sorry this chapter is short and shitty but we need so lovin right here because i love lethel ok

i sound concieted but idegaf i love them

unedited oopsie daisy