The boy in the blue uniform (Scömìche)

Mitch POV:

Today was the day of the big competition. Liam and I had been practicing for a long time. It was a bit odd: two men doing a figure skating routine that was originally designed for a man and a woman.

The thing is that I don't have the strength to lift someone. Coach originally had me and Lisa doing this routine, but that turned out to be a total disaster. Then you may think, why not Liam and Lisa then? Well, I have a very feminine build and I perform my moves very elegant. Basically I'm better at being the "woman" than the "man" in this skating routine. Coach said I did better than Lisa, so here we are.

There were twelve other competitors. When we were taking a quick look around, we saw boys in thight fitting uniforms and girls in short, sparkly dresses.

Being the "woman" in this skating routine didn't make me wear a dress. I was wearing a sparkly red top with thight fitting black pants, while Liam was wearing an all black uniform.

I had to say, I was a little nervous. Some judges were pleasently surprised with the idea of two men doing a routine that was originally for a man and a woman. Other traditional judges didn't want anything to do with it. I wasn't nervous about falling or messing the routine up, cause we practised it very well and I trust Liam.

It was almost time to perform our routine and we were asked to stand next to the ice, so we were ready to skate when asked. Standing next to the ice gave us the opportunity to watch the other routines.

Suddenly a tall, blond, well build guy walked past us onto the ice. Next to him stood a beautiful, short, blonde girl. I was hypnotized by that boy, he was wearing a blue uniform that matched his piercing blue eyes perfectly as well as the dress of the girl. The curves of his body were perfectly displayed in his uniform.

"You're staring." Liam said while he nudged my side

"Huh? Oh sorry. I can't help it, look at him."

"I play for the other team, kiddo. I like that girl he's with."

Their routine was in one word spectacular. You could see they were skating together for a long time, they knew exactly what they were doing. And damn, that guy was strong.

After their mindblowing routine, it was our turn. We skated towards the middle and waited until the judges told us we could begin. When I looked to the side, I saw that the hot guy and the girl standing. They were going to watch our routine. This caused an amazing increase of my nerves. Luckily Liam noticed my body tense very suddenly.

"Relax, let them not intimidate you. Let them see what you can do." Liam whispered in my ear.

I nodded and got in my beginning position.

When the familiar sound of the beginning of say something started playing, I forgot everything around me. Our routine went better than ever before. I totally forgot about the pair on the side of the ice rink. When we were done, a loud applause errupted from the audience. We skated back and saw the boy and the girl from before us still standing where they stood before our routine.

"You did great!" I heard from beside me. I turned around and saw it was the hot boy in the blue uniform. I was at a loss for words for a few seconds, but quickly recovered.

"Thanks. You did too."

"I'm Scott by the way." He said while sticking his hand out

"Mitch" I said while shaking his hand

Suddenly the girl he skated with came to stand next to him.

"Oh, this is Kirstie. Mitch meet Kirstie, Kirstie meet Mitch." Scott said

"Hi Kirstie." I said a bit uncomfortable

"Don't be so stupid, come here!" She said while tackling me in a hug.

I laughed and hugged her back.

"Scott come join our hug!" Kirstie shouted

Soon we were all hugging each other and I was blushing at the close contact with Scott.

"I hope one of us wins tonight." Kirstie spoke up suddenly

"Yeah me too." I spoke truthfully. "So are you guys like boyfriend and girlfriend?" I asked hesitating.

Scott began laughing hysterically "No we're not. I'm kinda...gay." I felt maybe a little too much hope coming up.

"Oh sorry, I'm kinda gay too." I said blushing and looking at the ground. "I should probably head back to my partner in the dressing rooms."

"Okay, we'll see you after the award ceremony?" Kirstie said

"Yeah, for sure. See you later!"

When I walked back towards the dressing rooms, I looked back one more time just to see Kirstie slapping Scott on his arm. I laughed quitely in myself and walked straight towards Liam.

After I told Liam what happened with Kirstie and Scott and Liam contstantly making remarks about Scott and me, it was time for the award ceremony.

"Third place goes to...... Kelly and Peter with their routine on "I hate u, I love u"!

Everybody clapped and Kelly and Peter skated forward to receive their price.

"Second place goes to........ Scott and Kirstie with their routine on "You and me"!

I clapped extra loud when Scott and Kirstie stepped forward. Now it was time for first place, wich made me squeeze Liam's hand a little harder.

"First place goes to....... Mitch and Liam with their routine on "Say something"!

Liam and I jumped up and hugged each other, before skating forward to receive our price.

When we received our price, we were asked to stand in between second and first place to make some photos. So Liam rushed to stand next to Kelly, wich left me to stand next to Scott.

"Congratulations!" Scott said to me

"Thank you, you too on second place."

"Will you let me take you to a café to grab a cup of coffee to celebrate our victory tonight?"

I froze and tried to comprehend what had happened.

"Yeah, sure." My face felt like it was on fire.

We made a few more photos and made our way back to the dressing rooms.

"I'll wait for you outside okay?" Scott said

"Okay, see you there." I said quitely and walked towards Liam and mine dressing room.

"I hear little Mitchy got a date?" Liam said while he nudged my side.

"Oh shut up!" I said while I began to blush

"No worries, I got a date too with his beautiful partner."

"Oooh, Liam. Go get that girl!"

We laughed, changed and chatted a little more before I walked towards the exit where I saw Scott already waiting for me.

"Ready to go, beautiful? Scott said when we saw me

I blushed and looked down before slowly nodding.

We walked towards a small café. We talked a lot and found out we had a lot in common. Scott also made me laugh a lot. I found out I really liked him.

"Oh no, is it that late already? I should probably go." I said 

"You're right, we should go. I had a good time Mitch"

"Me too." I scribled something on a napkin really quik and handed it to Scott. "Here's my number, call me."

With a wink I walked out of the café and left a flustered Scott behind.