Neykia Kingdom Lore

Gabriel's Story

Dear reader, this tale is a tragic one. This is the story of Gabriel Princepes, a once humble man who turned into a greedy human. Let me begin.

Gabriel was young when his story started, only 15 years old. He still lived with his mother and sister, who he would protect with his life. They were rather wealthy folk, since they owned land and their father worked extremely hard to get them all the money they had. The family never sees him anymore! One day, a mysterious humanoid with a tentacle face walked up to Gabriel while he was strolling in the woods.

"Gabriel, dear child, I know what you want," The man observed, "Power, wealth, anything to make you known." He stated, smirking.

"How did you know?" Gabriel asked, confused.

"I've been in this town for ages, and I have seen how you look at your family, You want more for them, More than what your father could ever provide." The mysterious man urged.

"What do you have to offer?" Gabriel demanded.

"Power, if you are willing to follow the Moon Lord." He said, "I am the Worshipped, one of the Moon Lord's disciples." The Worshipped informed. With a few waves of his hands, a large glyph appeared next to the two men. The Worshipped reached into it and picked out a dusty book with strange gold runes with an all black cover.

"Is this a joke?" Gabriel spat, holding the book, "The Necronomicon, I've heard about this book. It's like a bible for those who follow the Moon Lord." He finished, flipping through the pages.

"This book contains spells to help you achieve your true potential." The Worshipped continued, "Now, Gabriel Principes, do you accept the Moon Lord as the all powerful?" He asked in all seriousness.

"Yes"

"My work here is done, if you need help, head to the old dungeon, I will be there for your assistance." The Worshipped concluded, opening another glyph. He walked through it and disappeared. Gabriel walked back home to see his mother and sister cooking dinner.

"Gabriel! You're back!" His sister cheered.

"Welcome home sweetie." His mother said lovingly.

"I got a new book from the library I must study, so I will be in my room." Gabriel lied to them.

"Okay, dinner will be done in an hour." His mother told him softly. Gabriel nodded and went into his room. It was a normal wood room with a map above his bed and a window in front of his desk. Gabriel sat at the old oak desk and started to read page by page on how to cast the spells. Finally, he summed up the courage to cast one. That is when his whole life went to the pits of hell. He made more jobs available to the poor, the economy boosted and the town flourished. Eventually, The Worshiped came back and made Gabriel's greed worsen. He was so greedy for workers that he went to the local cemetery and brought back the dead. This spell ended up killing his mother, which made Gabriel's sister angry.

"Why did you do this?" She pleaded, "This isn't the Gabriel I grew up with." She cried.

"Don't you like it? This is a good thing. All hail the Moon Lord! No more heroes!" Gabriel chanted into the sky, raising his arms as the townsfolk started to flee.

"How do you know?" His sister asked, tears streaming down her face, "Goodbye," She whispered, "Follow me if you want to save yourself!" His sister shouted, running in the direction of the unexplored dungeon.

You would think this is the end, but the story is far from over. The townsfolk who went to the dungeon eventually went insane, joining Gabriel in the new Dark Kingdom. Everyone worshiped the moon lord, even his sister, who Gabriel killed for getting in his way.

This is for something on Terrarian Amino.