The Upchuck Bucket and Furry Cellphone Cases

My fingers pinpricked and bandaged, my teeth held most of my pins and the dress for my stepmother's next fashion show only held about twelve.

There would be more pins if only my 'model' would stay still.

I use the term model loosely when referring to my step sisters, Alexis and Emily. Not only do they not eat less than normal portion sizes but they also feed off my misery.

"Julia I wouldn't be dawdling too long now, you know how mommy likes her dresses to be done quick," Emily said in her sickly sweet voice while trying suck down a protein smoothie. I pulled a pin out of my mouth and rolled my eyes and pricked the pin into the dress.

I would prick my step sister but even if I killed her I still wouldn't be sent to prison. Oh no, I must stay here and continue to sew, stitch and sequent every dress, shirt or any other article of clothing. Why? Because I have no one else to run to.

If I could bring my parents back from the dead without all the sunken skin or rotting teeth, I would do it in a heartbeat.

All I'd need is a sacrifice and the two who stand in front of me seem to make up half a person when you combine their weight ratio.

I bring two more halves of the fabric together and pin them together and waltz over to the other side of Emily. Emily looks to be a pale green now "if you throw up on this gown, your mother will kill you and me," I mutter through a mouthful of pins.

I kneel back to the skirt of the dress as Emily swallows whatever tried to come up "she'd bring you back just to clean up the mess," she shot back but the dull look in her eyes made it hard to believe.

"No she wouldn't, Not when she has me," I heard my best friend say behind me.

I muffled my laugh and swatted at her. Selena was working on Alexis's dress. Who by the way was much more stable and non-sick like my own model.

"Oh c'mon, Selena, I have to go to brunch with Kendall in an hour," Alexis whined.

"Oh my god, Lexi, I didn't know you were talking to Kendall!" Emily squealed before an almost fatal lurch. Alexis just smirked and flipped her hair "I mean we are going to be in the Royal Shine Fashion Show," Alexis said while twirling her hair around her finger "you have to know who you're walking with," I rolled my eyes and pinned more of the dress together. "Your mother wants the dresses to be fitted today," I grumble at both of the girls. You wouldn't believe it when I told you but the two of them were twins.

Not identical due to the fact that one is dark featured and the other not but the same copy and paste personality seemed to be a dead give away.

"And if you stand still you can go see Kendall and whoever else your trying to cling to," I say as I pull out another pin and switch sides again.

"Ugghh," Emily moaned and I look up to see she's gone from a little green to full of all-star Shrek green.

"Oh shit," I whispered and took the pins out of my mouth and onto the table. I bolted from the room and down the all windowed hallway and turn to the janitors closet and open the door.

I grab a bucket and dump whatever water was left into a mop bucket and rush back to the sizing room.

When I slide back in Emily is in a bent position and I run over and hold up the bucket just before she lets everything fall.

The sound of someone throwing up is disgusting but holding the bucket while someone is throwing up is even worse.

"Uhh," Emily groaned as she stood up again. "Do you want to sit down, Emily?" I asked her while trying not to throw up myself. I look up at her, her face isn't green anymore but more white than any wedding gown I've ever made.