Ocean's 11

Justin and I hideout underneath the umbrella as we walked the streets New York City, sneaking glances at each other and biting back smiles when we the other saw. Even though I was soaked, I feel warm and light. "Where are you taking me?" I ask as we pass shops and little store. "We are going to my favorite sushi place," he says smiling at me and I smile back.

The rain has slowed down but not stopped completely. I need to change clothes before I enter into a restaurant, especially with Justin Bieber on my arm. "Uh..." I begin and Justin turns to look at me, pulling us closer to the buildings so we don't stand in peoples way.

"What's up?" Justin asks me, his eyes full of concern. I don't want to bother him about my situation, but I don't want to soak the seats at a restaurant I've never been too and will probably never go again.

"Can we change clothes first? I don't want to walk in and leave a trail of water behind," I tell him, looking at my shoes instead of him. I can feel Justin's gaze on the top of my head for a little bit before I hear begin to laugh a little. "Yeah, we can change, that doesn't bother me at all," He says, completely calm.

I look up at Justin and smile, "Thanks," I tell him and he smiles back. Justin then looks across the street, squinting at the signs. "Hey Julia, does it matter where we get the clothes?" He asks me. I shake my head, "No, just as long as their dry I'll be fine," I confess. "Alright then," Justin says and pulls us into the street, cornering around cars and running through puddles, soaking my shoes even more so. Yet, Justin's laughter and my smile doesn't make the water seeping into one of favorite shoes a lot less terrible.

When we make it to the other side of the street unscratched and hated by drivers we were nearly hit by, I look up at the signs and see a thrift store. The sign says Thriftique, it's a play on words but I can't figure out the other word. Justin and I walk to the door, he opens it for me and I playfully curtsy to him which makes him roll his eyes jokingly at me.

"Have you ever been here before?" I ask Justin when he also steps inside. He shakes his head, "No, but I have friends, if you want to call them that, who have been here before," Justin says, scratching the back of his neck. We start walking around, picking at the fabrics and other material around us.

Justin and I are both quiet, and it's not uncomfortable. Okay, it's a little uncomfortable, but I can't help and think about the comment he made about his "Friends." Justin sighs and I take action. "Do you call those people your friends?" I ask him, catching his attention. "Who?" he asks me, almost trying to avoid the subject. "The people who shop here? Or the people you've met in your career?" I ask, picking up a blouse that is too small for me.

Justin sighs again, pulls his hoodie off and runs his hands through his hair. "I mean, they're nice, but I don't know how genuine that part is," He says. I nod, trying to understand but something doesn't make much sense.

"What do mean by genuine?" I ask him, picking up a long sleeve shirt. Justin hums and picks up dark gray t-shirt. "Genuine as in I don't know if they are sticking with me because of me or because of who I am in the media," he explains. "Like are you here because you like my sense of humor or because you want to be seen with me for your own sake and fuck everyone else's?" Justin's finishes.

I chew on my bottom lip, "Where do I land?" I ask him, turning to face him, my head and hip against the shelf. Justin looks over at me, his demeanor different now since we walked into the store. Now with the new question I feel the air become a little lighter.

Justin pokes out his bottom lip and playfully hums, I giggle and cross my arms. "I'd say..." he says coming closer to me, "you're here because you think I'm hot,"Justin says, wrapping his arms around me, leaning his forehead against mine.