Visions of the Future

Lena absorbed in Monica, her lips still tingling from her touch, her hands gently on the small of her back. The sight of the reporter, the bright face that used to bring relief to herself now sent her head spinning. There was nothing she could say that would explain the embrace. The warmth of Nova's hands was slipping away as her hands moved to her side. Oh no! Monica's head was turning to see the irritating distraction that stopped the kiss. Her gaze settled on the tall blonde not too far away. She was stunning yet dorky. Her fist was tightened to her side, while the other clutching a small purse. Nova's gaze pillaging Kara's body as she looked her up and down obviously. Kara struggled not quiver over it. Monica instantly notices the glasses were unique, lined with lead. It was odd. Tony Stark once mentioned lead suppressed x-ray vision. He asked her once if she wanted lead contacts to mask her ever changing eye color. She rejected the offer, claiming they'd only become vexing on the battlefield. She turned her head back to a fluttered slightly frozen Lena, brushed her supple hair behind her ear, gave her a hearten nod lending her some courage to speak. Lena gained her dispassion straightening her skirt. Kara, adjusted her glass to stop herself from obsessing over their fondness. This woman was closer to Lena then Kara had ever been. It showed blatantly, the way they looked at each other affectionate devoted to every second they shared. Echoing sounds of heels filled the silence. Lena stood in front of her desk both hands clenching onto it.

"S-Sorry to....uh interrupt, I can go," Kara said dim defeated relaxed her fist.

uh interrupt, I can go," Kara said dim defeated relaxed her fist

"Oh don't be rash, Kara. I superseded my time with Lena. My apologies." Monica reached for her cardigan that was tossed thoughtlessly onto Lena's chair. Lena looked behind her shoulder to Monica, who already had her cardigan on heading to her side. The tender exchange between them had officially passed. She yearned to be alone with her, to subside the heat between her legs.

"You're not leaving are you?" She asked.

Nova took in a breath, "Sadly yes. I have a meeting with Dirk Anger, at the Beyond Corporation soon. Plus, I never intended to interrupt your workday. It's important." Her attention drifted to the fidgety reporter. Kara was full on staring at Monica as she spoke to Lena.

Nova's eyebrows tightened out of curiosity. "It is Kara, right?"

"Oh, yes, Kara Danvers. I'm a friend of Lena's." She reached her hand out to Monica.

The palm of Monica's hand electrified as she moved closer to the blonde she shook Kara's hand dispatching a direct current through her whole body. Most people would wince at the contact snatched their hand away with a metallic distaste in their mouths. Kara shook firmly without even as much of a cringe. She hadn't even felt the current. When there hands parted a small spark danced between her fingertips. Kara's sense of equilibrium shifted jolted by Nova's touch. Lena noticed the spark. But, it wasn't the spark that had alarmed Nova. A glimmer of crimson red went over Kara's iris pattern. It gave Monica a chilling feeling. She swallowed the feeling to keep calm.