Chapter 3- This Changed Things

The next couple of days were pretty normal. Harry and I started to hang out on our usual school year schedule, except almost everyday. It was better that way, I think. I got my monthly (in her words "very persuading", in my words "never going to happen") talk from Leah, trying to convince me that I have been madly in love with Harry since the first time I laid eyes on him. Or the occasional 'you guys are going to end up falling in love anyways... just accept it' kind of thing. While Harry got the same monthly talk from his friend Will. Its an expected thing we get from people, so Harry and I don't really pay attention to it. We like it the way we are, or at least I do... kind of. "My house after school?" he reminded me saying goodbye, seeing we don't have last period together. "As always. Oh and you left your guitar in the music room, might wanna get that." I smiled at him and walked away. "Just might! Haha thanks." he winked. Could he really not remember his guitar? Just once! Its like a reflex now for me to tell him he left the guitar and to go and get it at the end of every week. Good lord!

I almost fell asleep to the sound of Harry strumming the chords to Violet Hill by Coldplay. Sitting side by side we leaned back on a variety of pillows. I grabbed one of the pillows behind me and hugged it. "We have been sitting here for and hour and a half... can we please do something exciting?" I stared out the rainy window. "So listening to me play isn't exciting? Because I'm certainly entertained." he giggled and did that one of a kind smirk of his. "Well I'm glad your entertaining yourself with your rather skilled guitar playing." I giggled. He kept on playing, "Did you get your talk from Leah today?" he asked. "Yeah, she even added in a little twist to it this time." I raised my eyebrows. "Do I want to know?" he widened his eyes. "She bribed Zach and Julie (a couple of our friends) to ask me if we were dating to try to prove that she isn't the only one that thinks we like each other." I pressed my lips together. "Mhmmm." he let out a breath. "This has been going on forever... do you think people really see us like that?" he looked up at me but then quickly returned his gaze to his fingers, still plucking away. "Possibly, we do spend a lot of time together." I replied turning my head to look at him. "True. Do you? Ever see something like that happening to us?" he asked slowly, and stopped playing. Did he really just ask that? What was he trying to do? I looked at him but he still wouldn't meet my eyes. "I've thought about what it would be like before. But- " I stopped in the middle of my sentence, not know what to say next. "- were just best friends, right?" I finished. It kind of hurt to ask that, because I knew his answer. He finally looked at me in the eyes this time, and didn't look away. PAUSE: So you know one of those moments where your with someone and you just automatically look into the person's eyes and you notice that there looking at you in a different way then they usually do? And then, just during those few seconds that your looking at each other, your complete point of view of them changes. Ummm... yeahhh. Oops? PLAY: It seemed like he was getting closer and closer to me by the second. Would he really? Nooooo. I tried to convince myself that my mind was playing tricks on me, but I knew that this was really about to happen. He got close enough to where our lips were lightly touching. I didn't know what to do. I mean its not like I was going to reject him... well I could, I guess. It just made me upset that he would take a chance on our friendship like this. But the truth is, I eventually would have done the same thing. As I closed my eyes, just taking in the moment, he pressed his lips up against mine. There was something special about the way our lips went together, we both knew it too. But I still had this urge to blow up on him. I slowly pulled away and looked down. I wrapped my hands around my mouth and stood up. I couldn't help but pace a little. Harry let out yet another one of his signature sighs and watched me with careful eyes. "What?" he asked softly. "What? Really? That's all you've got? We just kissed Harry! That changes things!" I tried not to yell at him. "Alli, you knew it was coming! If you felt that way, why didn't you stop me?" he replied standing up in front of me. "Because!" I didn't know what to say. "Because why? Because were best friends? Because its such a horrible thought to you that we might actually have feelings for each other? Tell me." he said raising his arms into the air. I stared at him with watery eyes. "Its not a horrible thought. I mean what happens if we take a chance with something like this and it ends badly. We loose all that we had before. How would that make you feel?" I asked him. "I thinks its worth it. I mean we had to start out somewhere, right? Might as well be best friends." he said walking closer towards me. I had a doubtful look on my face. So I didn't say anything. "We have something Alli. Don't tell me you didn't feel it back there, when we kissed." he said pointing back at where we were sitting. "I know I did." he added again. All I did was hug him. Really tightly. He wrapped his arms around me. I nodded into his shirt "I know, I felt it." We didn't let go for about 5 minutes.