Chapter 5

Pic on the side is of sexy Christian and Lucia :P

-----------------------------------------------

Chapter 5

Lucia's POV

“Prestigious C.D., ‘where raw talent is discovered’. This is Melanie, how may I help you?” A chirpy secretary voice rang through the phone and my heart clenched as I shut and locked the door to my bedroom, the final ‘click’ sound it made seeming to ring throughout the room.

An hour after discussing everything that could go wrong with what I wanted to happen with my trusted friends, I had made my way home – my heart heavy with guilt and my head down in shame at the fact that I was still going to be deceiving my family, but my soul crying out in hope at having a solution seemed to overpower it.

I had to do this though. There was no choice for me, there never had been really. No matter what, life would always be what we humans would choose no matter the consequence of that decision.

For me dancing is my life, and therefore I was ready to face whatever consequences my choice brought forward.

I’m just choosing to delay them for a while.

“Um, yes, hi. Could I talk to Thomas Bentley, please?” I inquired in a soft tone after I sank onto my bed, my inner guilt-ridden turmoil making me take as many precautions as I possibly could, no matter how silly it was to whisper in fear of being heard when my room was the furthest away from anyone else’s in this large and cold mansion.

“Do you have a scheduled appointment for talking to him?” The chirpy voice almost spat in my ear, the contrast of the snide tone and the automatic ‘happy to help response mixing in disturbing tones.

“Not really, no. But he’s expecting my call about the ‘Leave the Passion for Dancers’ competition.” I replied my voice firm and trickling with ice chips.

I may be broken and spend all my energy gripping onto the edges of a cliff that prevents me falling into my pit of despair, but by golly that did not mean I was a push over.

“Oh, okay. What’s your name sweetheart?” Her chirpy voice now filling with layers of sugar, and it reminded me of the time I had an immense tooth ache from eating so many sweets; the moral of the story being that too much sugar was extremely bad for you.

“Lucia Hudson-” I began to say, my mind filling with things that I wanted to say in concern to the unwanted pet name she had blurted out, but I was interrupted.

And that ladies and gentleman was why I never gave away my surname willingly.

Or at least, that was why I had thought she’d suddenly changed her tune.

“Oh my God. Yes, we have been expecting your call. I will dispatch you to Mr Delmont straight away!” She squealed, and I was so distracted by my ear ache that I didn’t register what she had said until a beeping sound rang and a waiting line tune began to play on the other end.

Oh dear Lord, no. Please no.

He could not know of this. He could not know of me entering this dance competition. He ran in the same social circuit my family did. He probably even had lunch with my father from time to time.

If he knew about me entering into his competition, he would surely bring it up to either my siblings or my father, and then know of my secret and why I was doing what the plan the band and I had concocted entailed, and hold it against me…Wouldn’t he?

Or was I thinking too much into his words?

Because why would he take such an immense interest in me when he could have Beth the beauty who had the many pageant titles under her designer belt, or Annabelle who held all the answers to any question you could ask her?