Chapter 8

Pic on the side is of Christian and Lucia :P

----------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 8

Lucia's POV

“Last call to Paris, France for the 6.45am flight,” The over-head speakers repeatedly pattered on about the flight we were about to board, and I was glad that I had nagged the band to get here because we were already in the queue to book in to the flight.

I had already said my goodbyes to my family the night before, Linda going to join us over in Paris the day after I arrived there so not to make us look suspicious.

“There should be a law about flights leaving this early,” Melissa moaned into Zane’s chest where she was currently leaning against in exhaustion – the idea of her not being a morning person a complete understatement.

“Well, we’re on a budget Missy, and this was the cheapest flight out of here,” Nathan smiled down at her after we handed in our passports and tickets for the woman to check so that we could go into the designated waiting area whilst our flight got ready for us to board.

“I still don’t see why we couldn’t just go on the euro train,” I groaned not for the first time, the prospect of flying making my bubble tighten around me. “It’s a whole lot safer, and it doesn’t hurt your ears when the flight takes off.”

“What part of budget did you not hear?” Lucas chuckled with his arm around my shoulders, and kissed the top of my head reassuringly while Nathan continued to clutch my other hand, all of the band knowing how bad I hated flying though none of them knew the actual reason why.

“Yeah, well I think this would have been one of those times where I’d have gladly used my name to get us those tickets for free.” I rested my head on Nathan’s shoulder whilst putting my arm around Lucas’ waist.

“I know right. Too bad the Mathews name isn’t as important as the Hudson’s name.” Zane laughed as he looked down at his girlfriend who immediately elbowed him playfully.

The hostess in front of us suddenly began to confer with her colleague both of them looking down at our tickets with confusion, making all five of us look at each other in confusion.

“Is there something wrong, ma’am?” Zane’s voice didn’t have an ounce of worry in its tone, but I knew him well enough to know that that was exactly what he was feeling because he hated being behind schedule for anything.

“No sir, I just couldn’t find you in the economy class system, so I’ve just conferred with my colleague and it seems you have all been upgraded to First Class.” She said with the practised smile on her face, though at the mention of us being first class travellers, her smile now looked sincere.

“Surely that’s a mistake? We booked an all-rounder type of ticket, so wouldn’t that affect the other flights we’ve booked?” Nathan asked once she’d given back our passports and gave us new tickets to hold onto.

Her colleague began to type something on the computer in front of him, and I assumed he was double checking that for us. “No sir, it seems all those flights too have been booked to first class.”

The hostess in front of us looked at her watch. “I’m sorry sir, but you five have to go on to the lounge, which is in that direction, so we can book everyone into their flights.”

I sighed, just as mystified as the guys were but knew a dismissal when I heard one. “Come on guys, let’s just go.”

They nodded and we walked off into the direction she pointed with our carry-on bags slung over our shoulders, and I knew the others were staring down at their tickets too.