Chapter 5 - Concern

Concern (n.)
- anxiety; worry

Syn: anxiety, worry, disquiet,
apprehensiveness, unease, consternation

His silence is eating me up on the inside. I now know the full meaning of how seconds can feel like an eternity. They are absolutely correct. Each second held their own painful eternity, each being more painful than the last. Looking at Kliment, not breaking eye contact yet, his stare was ever changing. There was no one set of emotion to be held in his red orange eyes. This silence was the worse of it all, I just couldn't handle this silence, his silence. For what it feels like the umpfteen time today, my eyes glossed over. The tears fastly forming, I decided to break eye contact before the tears fell. Quickly striding to my bag, putting the photo in the bag and closing it all up. Putting the bag on my back I start to head out of my room.

"Aurianna..." Kliment said hurriedly. I just continue my way out the door, if I hear him tell me that he doesn't approve, will have my courage would die out.

"Aurianna." Kliment tried again. I just head to the stairs, still ignoring him.

"For gods sake, Aurianna! Just listen to what I have to say!" He sounded desperate.

"I need to do this, Kliment." I start crying. "I know I won't be able to do this if you don't agree with this. I won't have the courage..."

"Auri... I was just shocked that you had this valor in you all of a sudden." he lightly laugh to lighten the moment. "Well, if we're going to do this, you gotta wear something more suitable than my shirt and those old leggings."

I feel myself blush in embarrassment, totally forgetting what I was wearing. I knew he was right about this though. I can't go find my sister like this, nervously laughing saying he was correct and quickly going to get changed. Setting my bag on my bed as I went to find a good outfit for the adventure that will either bring me peace or destroy me. Digging deeper in my closet, I found a pair of jeans and a tank top and an old green military jacket. Grabbing my brown tie up boots that gave me at least a 3 inches in my short height.

"That's better." Kliment said with a soft smile. "Now what are we doing? Do you know where we are going?"

"...w-w-we..?" I said with a stutter.

"Hell yeah 'we'. Do you really think I'm just gonna leave you to do this on your own? We've done everything together since high school, I'm not about to stop. Especially now that you're getting your sister back." Kliment said with an excited smirk.

I couldn't help the wild smile that spread across my face. Excitedly jumping around, I couldn't help but to tackle the man in front of me in a hug. We almost tumbled back from the sudden movement.

"You are the bestest person a girl can ask for!" I said laughing.

We sat together for a few minutes just discussing what's to happen. He asked me questions of when I last saw her, where was it, the usual stuff when it comes to finding something... well someone too. Just talking about when we would find her gives me butterflies of excitement. I haven't felt this excited in a long while... it's a really great feeling to have. I really missed this feeling. I look over at a happy Kliment, smiling even bigger now.

"Do we have anything to give us a hint on where they could be?" Kliment said looking over at me. I can feel my smile vanish. There isn't a time when I can remember my sister ever telling me where she was going or what she was looking for.

Getting off of my bed, I head towards my desk. Just digging, searching for something. I'm half tempted to say it is my imagination. I just keep shuffling the pages of spells around. Shuffling through the desk drawers. I can feel myself begin to get irritated, as I start to just throw the loose papers on the floor. I feel like it's there but in the back of my mind is telling me I'm just looking for loose change in a sofa. I was about to give up when I saw the envelope in the corner of the drawer. Picking up the letter with a smile and turning to Kliment. He did a nod of acknowledgement looking at the old envelope.