Chapter 6 - Approach

Approach (v.)
- come near or nearer to (someone or something) in distance.

Syn: move forward, come/go toward, advance towards,
Inch towards, go/come/draw/move nearer, go/come/draw/move closer, near

We're walking through the woods, it's been a good 5 days. Aeden just keeps saying we'll get there soon. I lost track of how far we went but sundown yesterday, still going southeast but little more east as we go. Earlier my pace began to slow down, I know Kliment noticed since he is now giving me a piggy back ride. I couldn't help a giggle when he kneeled down. When I finally got on his back, all he could say is my shoe choice wasn't the best. He was probably right, heels in the woods, not the best idea... but hey, it give me more height to jump over some of the big fallen trees. That was definitely a plus.

The woods were beautiful, each tree looking so different from the last. Each tree more green from the last. Everything from the town and cities seem so much better, more alive, happy. Seeing nature have this turn made my heart warm up with happiness. The starry night sky is the best part for this so far. Looking up at the stars before falling asleep just looking at all the different constellations. Aeden pointed out a few each night so far, it has become habit to point out one each night. Out of the 5 so far is Andromeda, she symbolizes a chained woman. I found it beautiful that a chained woman is the princess of Ethiopia. Just beautiful that anyone can feel that was and still come out as a better person.

I came to look forward of the night, learning more about the constellations. I come to love the stars and the constellations within them. I will admit the night gets cold but that was expected wasn't it. The first night was the hardest, the coldest of them all. It might be for the fact that I felt cold feet. Kliment talked to me till I fell asleep no longer thinking of all my doubts.

Aeden he was beautiful as well, he was funny, he knew a lot of things, and I still want to connect those dots. I think Kliment noticed that I've been getting closer to Aeden too, Kliment keeps telling me that there's something off with him, that he doesn't trust Aeden that his gut is telling him that. Kliment is the most trusted person in my life, if he says that Aeden is untrustworthy then I won't fight him. If Aeden is untrustworthy then why is my heart breaking into pieces with the thought. I look at Aeden's back as he's leading through the woods, just wonder how that nice man could be untrustworthy. He is showing me where my sister is, guiding me to her. That has to mean something... right?

Looking around me, all the rich greenery around. Hitting almost every inch or the area surrounding. It was absolutely breathtaking, snuggling my head on Kliment's shoulder, telling him how beautiful this all is, asking why we haven't done this sooner. I wish I got out more when I was stuck in that house. I wish I could have seen more of the world, I wish I could have done more. To see this beautiful world in those dark times might have made things better. I know looking at the dull town that I had left behind.

Closing my eyes just taking in how calm everything is. I could hear the birds, the bugs, the wind. It was so wonderful to hear something other than screaming for once. I sigh of content. This, right now, is one of the greatest moments in my life. A piggy back ride, the calm of the forest, the light winds, the light from above escaping from the crevousous of the leaves above. This was just wonderful.

There was so many things that I am so glad I can experience now, especially that I can experience it with my best friend. Not to mention Mr Freckles is here and whoops there goes my face, getting all red now. Gods dang it. I need to get ahold of my emotions, Kliment said he's not trustworthy. Stop this now Auri.

"We're almost there." Aeden says over his shoulder.

Excitement started bubbling up in me. It wasn't long till I began to see a building. It was still a distance away but close enough to tease me with it's presence. There is no going back now, I am too close to getting her back. I'm so close to the answers that I had yearned to get. There is so much to ask but where to start. Where to start...