Real Life: Part 3

Everyone was chatting happily at the table, enjoying a delicious meal with their loved ones. Happy to be together during this time of the year. Anya couldn't help but smile, being surrounded by the people she loved most in the world. This truly was her perfect Christmas.

Anya tapped her glass with her knife to get everyone's attention before standing up,"I just want to say first and foremost, thank you all for being here and I hope you're enjoying the food-"

"I just want to say first and foremost, thank you all for being here and I hope you're enjoying the food-"

"Oh we are!" Paul cut in, earning an elbow to his To cage from Daniel.

Laughing, Anya continued "I'll be honest, I was worried about having everyone here. As you all know I'm not one for big parties and everything. But I can honestly say that tonight is one of the happiest Christmases I've ever had. And it's all thanks to all of you. My best friends. No, my family. To family!" She finishes with a smile.

"To family!" Is echoed across the table with smiles and laughter filling the room.

Later

As the night drew to a close, everyone retired to their rooms in both the main and the guest house, Anya walked into her room to see Ian laying down on their bed, she could help the small smile playing on her lips, before joining him.

"Thank you," she said simply

"Hm for what?" He asks.

"Nothing. Everything. I don't know. Tonight was perfect. Like something straight out of a storybook or movie. And you know what made it even more perfect?" Anya inquires.

"What?"

"Having you there with me. I look forward to many for holidays just like this." She smiles.

"Well good," he laughs "because unfortunately thanks to that ring on your finger, you're stuck with me. Much more family gatherings to come. Some more embarrassing than others." He jokes tickling her sides.

Unable to stop the laughter from bubbling past her lips "I look forward to it. All of it." She says looking him in the eyes.

"We should sleep, big morning coming." Upon Anya's agreement he rolled over, turned off the light before pulling her close. And they both drifted off into peaceful oblivion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not MIA or dead I swear! I've just been super busy!! How's it going?

I know it's short!

More to come!

Comment and vote!!
💜💜💜