Kitten

She raced over to Simon with tears her eyes clutching on his arm. Go figures she would run and hide behind him now. A few minutes ago she had a knife to my throat and was planning to have me bleeding out across the damn floor.

“What the hell happened here? Michael, why is Vivian crying?” Simon demanded. He was getting mad at me when this crazy girl came attacking me then wanting to play the innocent act.

“Your crazy ass girlfriend came out of nowhere and attacked me with a bat.” I said pointing at Vivian.

“What?” Simon asked scratching his head staring at Vivian. As if he could believe that she would pull something like that. Her eyes grew wide batting her lashes like a sad kitten. Knowing Simon he was going to eat that up.

“Well you were trying to rob the place.” She shouted still clutching onto Simon.

“For the last time Kitten, I wasn’t trying to rob anyone.” I huffed.

“Okay I think I know what’s going on here. I think I need to explain.” Simon said rubbing her back. “Come on let all sit down like adults. You too, Michael.”

I took my time sitting in the chair furthers away from Simon. Simon took a seat next Vivian.

“First off Viv isn’t my girlfriend, she’s only seventeen and I’m not a pedophile. Viv is my best employee and she makes those Cookie Monster cupcakes you love so much. She was only doing what I taught her so you can’t be mad at Viv for that.” He paused glared. Like a child she stuck her tongue out at. I wanted to make a remark about if she didn’t put that tongue back in her mouth that I would take it.

“She sure was protecting the store like she was your girlfriend she even took a knife to my throat.” I explained nudging towards Vivian started to glare at me.

Turning her attention back to Simon. She gave him a cutesy smile nodding her head. Well at least she was honest about what she had done.

“Well Viv is really passionate about the store it’s like home to her so a stranger would freak her out especially one that’s in here after closing.”

“Well if someone would have picked me up like he said he was, Kitten would have been startled.” I shot back.

“You weren’t supposed to be here until tomorrow, so excuse me if I didn’t know.” Simon huffed.

“Well I decided to come out early.”

“You should call next time Michael.”

“I did! You should picked up your phone, you dick.”

“I didn’t get any miss calls!”

“Bull I called you like twenty times. I had to take freaking cab to get here and then my phone died on the way to the shop so I couldn’t call you again when I got here.” I shouted. I could feel my voice vibrate off the walls.

“Why didn’t you use the shop phone?”

“I couldn’t crazy over here attacked me before I could even get a word out!”

“She’s not crazy.”

I really hated how Simon would talk to me as I were an idiot. Of course I would’ve try to call him if I had the opportunity, but I didn’t. I think he just likes getting under my skin. Vivian cleared her throat, I had forgotten she was even there.

“Sorry Viv.” Simon said first putting his head down like a puppy in trouble.

“Yeah, sorry Kitten.”

“That’s alright Simon.” She says.

“No I really am sorry I should explain you see Michael is my kid brother.” Simon explain glaring at me. I just rolled my eyes.