It had to be You

After working out for another hour or so. I walked home making sure I wouldn’t get home until 7:30 even though the walk home only takes fifteen minutes I made sure it took over an hour. After taking my time to get ready it was about 8:40 when I deicide that it was good time to leave. Simon had agreed to let me use the car tonight as long as I got it back in one piece. Now officially he told me to take the Honda but the keys to the Camaro were sitting right next to them. I was definitely taking the Camaro.

I lifted the tarp from the Camaro and slide inside and let me tell you I love a good Camaro and Simon had this one decked out I had to take a minute or five just to sit and admire it’s beauty. When I pulled into Kendall’s drive way she was standing outside arms folded. She looked uncomfortable and cold. Who told her to wear such a skimpy dress and heels to this party. Not to say she didn’t look good she looked damn good. She hopped in the car smiling at me.

“Your late.” She cooed.

“I know.”

“You’re lucky that this such a beautiful ride or I would’ve been a little more upset. This is a 1967 Camaro right?”

     “yeah How did you know that?”

     “I have three older brothers remember? Cars were all they talked about when we were growing up.” She shrugged reapplying her ruby red lipstick.

     I knew then we weren’t going to be kissing tonight, since Kendall isn’t one to mess up her lipstick. She really need to buy that no smudge crap my mom always talks about.

     Just as Coming Undone by Korn started to play, Kendall did the unthinkable. She changed the station to a country station that was playing a familiar song that I knew I heard and liked. Right then I didn’t care I was ready to kill her. Nobody changes from Korn in my car. I quickly changed back and shot her I dare you look. Of course she dared and turned the station again. I went to change the station back and she swatted my hand away. This chick was nuts.  

     “If you so much as think of changing the station I will swat your hand again.” She smiled. “Consider this punishment for being late.”

     There was a string of cuss words hanging on the tip of my tongue, I continued to driver watching my knuckles turn white from the grip on the steering wheel. She didn’t seem to notice as she sang along drumming her fingers against the dashboard.

     “So the girls have been doing our campaigning for Sweethearts King and Queen and the majority of school is voting for us.” Kendall says examining the ends of her hair.

     “What?” I shout. She looks a little taken back at my tone. “I told you I don’t even want to go this stupid thing and now your going to make us be King and Queen. Without asking me mind you.”

“I thought you would be happy” she huffs.

     “What part of being King of a stupid high school dance would make me happy?” I snarled.

     “The fact that all attention would be on us and you could make Vivian jealous.” She snapped back her eyes filling up with tears.

     “I don’t care about Vivian.” I state looking straight focusing on the road.

     “why are you lying? I know the only reason your still with me is because she has someone and you don’t want her to think she won.” She cried her voice was starting to shake.

     “that’s not true. Even if it were why would you even be with me if you knew that.”

     “you what just forget we here anyways.”