Mister Jealous

After school Simon had suggested that he and I go on delivery together. I shrugged. It was usually something he did with the other guys that worked at Just Sweet but I had feeling there was another motive behind it. Like keeping me away from Vivian. Unknown to my brother I wasn’t trying to be around her anyways.

“So where is this delivery anyway?” I asked clicking on my seatbelt. We were delivering a three tier wedding cake that Cali and Vivian had spent the last couple of days perfecting. It was beautiful, it would be a shame to watch them eat it.

“It’s in town, but I kind want to catch a movie afterwards if that’s okay with you?” Simon shrugged.

“What about the girls?”

“They can handle the shop. I can’t tell you how many times I just go off and do my own thing after dropping of cakes.” Simon smirked.

I couldn’t believe my perfect brother was so deceitful. The girls think we are dropping off a cake in another city and here we are ten minutes away from the shop. Unloading the cake takes about twenty minutes. The bride cries when she sees it giving Simon a kiss on the cheek and me a great big squeeze.  

“Alright how about we go see that new Kevin Hart movie?” Simon asked closing the van door.

“Ride Along?”

“Yeah.”

“Alright.” I shrugged I wasn’t trying to get back to the shop anytime soon.

Arriving at the movie theatre was completely weird considering that everyone treated Simon like he was some sort of celebrity serving him whatever he requested. With me being with him they gave me the same treatment. A couple of the cashier girls even fought over who would take our order. Simon found it all amusing while I just took a few steps back. Then Simon explained how there manager was huge fan of Just Sweet and has been trying to get Simon to set up a mini shop inside the theatre. I knew it couldn’t be just that so when the manager came out I finally figured it out. She wanted to sleep with Simon as well as get his business. My brother being as clueless as ever just let’s her flirt with him taking no hints. God he’s worse than Nathan. When we finally got to our seats I was happy that all the pining girls were gone. We sat there in peace ready to laugh our lungs out.

Before heading back to Just Sweet Simon insisted we stop for some place called In-N-Out. Let me just say this now I didn’t know what I was missing until that burger and fries hit my lips. It was explosion of flavors. I devoured my meal in ten minutes flat. Belly so full I swore I was going to explode. Walking into Just Sweet was difficult I felt bloated and slow.

 I could see Cali beginning one of her ramblings as we walked through the door walked in laughing. I couldn’t get over how funny Kevin Hart was. Our laughter had stopped as our eyes fell on Vivian and some brooding model type boy in a transfixing eye locked as if they were the only two people in the room. Vivian milk white skin is now as bright red as an apple as she scooted out of the booth.

“I guess I’ll see you next Friday then?” she stammered making her way towards the register. Both Simon and I eyes were narrowed on this pompous douche as gave us a simple nod before walking over to Cali giving her a bone crushing hug saying his goodbyes. What he did next make my bones ignite in fury. He walks towards the register and kisses Vivian’s cheek, before leaving out the door. I couldn’t suppress the growl I had as he passed me by.  Simon’s eyes lay upon Vivian eyeing her curiously.

“New boyfriend?” he asked raising his brows.

“Maybe.” She gushed smiling, her fingers caressing her cheek. It made me wonder did she caress her lips like that after we kissed.