Chapter 23: A Delightful Discussion

I closed the book.

"How sad," I said as I tried to find the place where the book fell from.

"What is?" I heard a voice say from across the room. The voice rightfully belonged to Sebastian, who, in a few swift movements was next to me.

"Um... nothing," I said, I couldn't let him see what I was reading, so I tried to hide the book from his point of view.

"Was that a book?" He asked curiously.

'Oh no, what now?' I mentally panicked.

"Yes, I was reading mythology, I enjoy myths," I said in a cheerful tone while I hoped he wouldn't ask which one.

"Oh how lovely. If I may ask, which myth did you choose to read?" He put a hand to his chin, his index finger laying on his chin while his thumb was underneath it.

'Damn, can he read my mind? He really asks everything I don't want to answer,' I thought.

"Why yes, it's called 'A Demonic Love Story'." Surprisingly, no, thankfully I didn't stutter.

"I see, and what do you think of it?" His eyes had a flicker of amusement, but that amusement faded in mere seconds.

"Well, I understand what Apotheus did was to protect his whole race from repeating his mistakes, but honestly, I think it was unnecessary since he could've... Well I don't know, I'm not a demon like he is."

"True, but then what if another demon had fallen in love with a human? The same story all over again, I can see why he put an end to their feelings," Sebastian argued.

"Well I don't care what they do, let them feel what they want to. It's their fate not mine. Unless I too have a demon mate..." For a second I thought I saw a flash of fear on Sebastian's face, were my eyes playing tricks on me?

They most likely were.

"And why did The Dark Lord curse the demons for having a human mate anyways? Did he hate us that much?" I knew I wouldn't get an answer but I had to ask.

"Now that, my dear, is a myth for a different time." Sebastian said.

Did he really just dodge my question? Did he know? Maybe if he's not telling me, it's for the best if I don't know? Oh well...for a different time it is.

"Promise me you'll tell me one day?" I ask.

"I promise." He answered back.

wOoHOo an actUAl uPDate

Written by:_50ShadesOfBocchan_
Edited by: Jadestar115

AND THANK YOU FOR 20K!!!