Fissure (2)

CHAPTER TWO. 

“Ah, the girl with the touch, welcome back, three days off? The influenza strike!” Claudia teased, basically jumping on me as I entered the school grounds, apparently, according to the blonde I was now calling ‘Angel,’ she’d been camping and re-locating their group sittings to near the gates, so she could see when I walked in, if I walked in. 

She was wearing a tank top, despite the cold, and some tight jeans. I’d forced myself into my own skinny jeans, my long boots and a dark black long sleeved t-shirt. I felt comfortable in boots, but more comfortable with letting my hair out, it flowed down my back in long waves. 

I almost disregarded my heightened senses, they lasted even shorter this morning, I’d stepped into the school, smelt Claudia’s sickeningly flowery perfume and stepped back, then as I stepped forwards again, I was back to normal. 

“Sorry,” I said without conviction, walking alongside her as she babbled. 

“Dale’s been worried sick, so have the others, you got your English teacher worried! Not to mention me!” 

She’d basically shut my mouth for me, I was looking for a witty comment in my head, but I couldn’t find anything, I was an emotionless ball of worry and terror, I’d only seen the little girl once, but my whole body shook whenever someone mentioned a kid, or when someone commented on a knife. 

“I was about to stab you!” 

“What?” I said quickly, turning around completely. She looked at me funny, my voice rose an octave as I spoke, “I mean,” I flattened it again, “I mean, what?” 

“What’s wrong with you?” Claudia asked, crossing her arms and leaning on her left foot. She looked concerned, but confused also. 

“Nothing,” I said quickly. Mimicking her defensive stance, “Really, I’m fine. I just had some bad dreams.” Dreams, visions, frosted glass and scary little girls. It took me a whole day to stop shaking, three to regain my bearings. 

“I don’t believe you,” She squinted, “But I’ll stop pressing on it, you’ll tell me when you want to, won’t you?” 

“I told you, nothing’s wrong.” 

She nodded, and pursed her lips, walking off without saying another word. I rolled my eyes and started towards my locker, that girl’s mood swings. Putting in the locker combination, I leaned back on my heels as the door opened, chucked in my books and shut it to find a familiar face hiding on the other side of my door. 

“Welcome back,” Dale said, almost mockingly, “ready for another adventure filled day at Fissure High?” 

“Not particularly,” not in the mood Dale, please just, leave me alone to slowly develop a mental disorder. 

“OK, well, get pumped, you have PE with me today!” 

“How do you know?” 

“I stole your timetable from the office,” he itched his head, “It’s kinda easy, also, I was going to find out where you lived and bring you some chicken soup or something, but I thought it would be a little creepy.” Chicken soup from Dale? Nothing sounded more appealing. 

“Just a tad,” I started off towards the gym, Dale walking beside me. 

“You’re shaking,” He observed. 

“I don’t like gym,” it was a lie, gym class was my favorite.  

“Well, luckily you have me there! I’m fantastic at gym, I’m here to help.”