Fissure (6)

CHAPTER SIX. 

Tyren was bugging me beyond all belief as the day progressed. He was beginning to find out that the more he stuck around Claudia, the better liked he was. So he did, then, occasionally, falling out of his false almost-nice facade, he found my eyes and made my stomach churn as he shared with me a horrid smile. 

Dale was there the whole day. Holding my hand -- giving me support. 

“Dahlia, are you sure you’re OK?” He asked finally, grabbing my other hand and pressing the two gathered in his palm together, “If you need to chill out for a little while, you can come back to my house? I could make you hot chocolate?” 

Instantly I smiled, remembering the incredible hot chocolates he made, the ghost of the taste filling my mouth -- caressing every taste bud, warming me from head to toe, giving me the best kind of shivers. I nodded, unsure of what I was doing until I rested a hand on my forehead. 

“Uh, I can’t...” He raised an eyebrow at me, giving me a little smile, drawing me closer, “It’s not that I don’t want to!” 

His lips captured mine, and instantly, I pushed him back, shaking my head. We were in a school car-park, things between us tended to escalate quickly. “You’re clouding my judgement...” 

“That’s the point.” 

I shook my head, thinking about all the pros and cons of going to his house, the little ghost girl could give me more information -- but then there was Dale. The constant distraction... I could read, relax, take a load off -- “Fine, but I have to get home by nine.” 

“I can do nine,” He said, nibbling at my ear. I gaped and pushed him off. 

“Can you seriously just hang on for a couple more minutes?” 

“Nope!” He laughed. Pushing me back onto the car’s door and kissing me softly. Tingles, shaking, the whole she-bang. I tried to push him away, but my hands just lingered on his chest. Not gathering enough strength to simply push him away. He was the first to pull away, resting his forehead against mine. Breathing long and deep, I breathed in his sultry scent and finally pushed him backwards, in just enough time to see Tyren glaring at us from the corner of the school, his arms crossed, clad all in black. When he saw me, I perked an eyebrow and carefully looked over Dale’s shoulder. He locked eyes with me, then turned, before disappearing into the shadows. 

“You OK?” Dale asked, finally turning around and not seeing anyone. Then he turned back and cocked an eyebrow at me. An incredibly attractive smile playing on his lips. 

“Stop that,” I said quickly, unable to stop myself from smiling back at him, “you’re making my mind out cloudy, stop it!” 

He opened the door for me, ushering me inside the car before I finally lost the feeling in my knees and they turned to mush under me. He got in on the other side, sat down and crossed his arms, shooting me a sidewards glance. 

I shut my door, figuring out how to work my arms again. Dale laughed at me, started the car and disappeared down the road. I looked behind the car, through the empty backseat and towards the back of the car, where Tyren’s headlights winked at me. 

Turning back sharply, I grabbed Dale’s hand. “Pull over,” I whispered sharply, he looked at me, then nodded and swerved to one side. He squeezed my hand. 

“I saw him too. Let’s see if he’s heading this way or--” he was cut off by the sound of Tyren swerving in front us. He got out of the car and crossed his arms, leaning against his. We’d caught him -- he couldn’t follow us. “Let me handle this, stay in the car.” I nodded, though I had no intention to stay in the car at all.