Part VI

"You feel something?" Lilith asked her partner as they travelled down the path towards Hell's Gate.

"Yeah. Feel like someone's following us," Bell responded.

"Bet it's Jay and Arty," Lilith stated matter-of-factly.

"Mhm," Bell yawned.

They were in Hollywood. Yes. They travelled all the way across the country. Deal with it. There was mounds behind the Hollywood sign and there was a specific spot that when done right, will open up.

"Woe to all depraved souls," Lilith said, not even looking at the demonic letters on the letter "H" of Hollywood. The dirt on a mound crumbled away, revealing a dark hole. Lilith entered first, followed by Belladonna. The entrance started to close behind them and the angels quickly sneaked in. It was a shadowy place but when the opening completely closed behind them, it became pitch-black.

It was no problem for the demons, since they have night vision. But for the angels, who spend most of their time in sunlight, was unused to the darkness. Even the night is bright, fueled by moonlight, which is really sunlight if you think about it. I mean, the moon can't produce it's own light. The light comes from the Sun's rays bouncing off the surface of the moon and then it's — right, I'll stop talking now. I'm sure you beings are smart to know that. Unless you're humans then...go search it up, baka.

Anyways, as the angels waited for a couple of minutes, waiting for the demons to move on, they quickly casted an illuminata; a ball of light. And yes, it's from the WaterFire Saga. There's so many references here, lolz.

The angels travelled deeper into Hell. As they did, they no longer need the bright light because everything was awashed with bloodred. Which actually came from a river/waterfall of lava/fire. The female demons had stopped on the edge of the waterfall, but not in the fire obviously, just to the side. They were staring down at it, not moving.

Finally, Lilith spoke. "Do we really need to go down there?"

"Yes Lili!" Bell sighed in frustration. "We have to go down to report to Satan and Devil."

"Can we just report it to Devil? I don't like Satan," Lilith said flatly.

"I'm surprised. I thought it'll be the other way around," Belladonna teased.

"Shut up. Satan is a fuckboy even though he already has Devil, and you know that," Lilith started unfolding her wings. For some reason, this angered Jay. What if Satan did something to Lilith?

Why do you care? Jay growled at himself.

Because you l- Jay's conscience started to retort.

Shut up. No one cares, Jay snapped.

Annnnd, you're talking to yourself again. Good job, Jay's brain said sarcastically.

"Yeah, I know," Belladonna unravelled her wings too. They flew down the cliff and disappeared.

Artemis came out behind of the rock he was hiding behind. "What do we do now?" He asked.

"I dunno, go after them? But there are demons everywhere...we're at a disadvantage," Jay murmured, pondering what to do.

"I advise you go back, Jay."

"I know, Arty. But I'm not sure we'll be able to get back in," Jay sighed heavily.

"Um...Jay? I didn't say that..." Artemis's eyes widened as he saw who was there. Jay turned to find four demons. Two Belladonnas and two Liliths.

"What the-!" Jay yelled, stumbling backwards. The demons on the right started disintegrating.

"Puppets," Belladonna explained. "The ones you saw flying over the cliff was puppets. We were watching you the whole time."

"That sounds wrong," Lilith added.

"Shut up Lili," Bell snarled.

"K, K, K, K, K, K, K, K," Lilith repeated.

"So...what should we do with you two?" Belladonna smiled sadistically.

"Let us go?" Artemis suggested.

"Nah," Lilith smirked. Then all of a sudden, both of their wings popped out and so did their claws. Immediately, the angels turned and ran. The demons didn't run after them. Instead, they ambled slowly like they had all the time in the world.

When the demons reached the entrance or exit, depending on how you look at it, they were frantic. How do they reopen it?

"Woe to depraved souls," Jay recited. It didn't open.

"Woe to honorable souls?" Artemis wondered. The door, surprisingly, opened.

"Huh, so opposites?" Jay pondered as he rushed outdoors into the sweet, sweet sunlight. The demons were in no hurry to catch up to them, but the angels didn't know that. They quickly spread their wings and flew up and up and up until the Sun swallowed them.

Then the demons finally took flight. They flapped higher and higher, flying vertically into the air.

"This is getting boring," Lilith smiled.

"Let's spice it up, yeah?" Belladonna winked.

"Yep. Let's go! First one to get to Heaven wins!" With that, Lilith took off after the angels.

They were going to follow the angels to their home.