Part IV

"Oh my darkness!" Belladonna gasped, daintily covering her mouth with her hands. "Stop it, Lili! We're going to get in trouble with Satan and Devil if you continue!"

"I can't stop it!" Lilith wailed, clenching her hands into fists but the energy continued to gush out from her and turn into fire. Apparently, Lilith couldn't control her newfound powers as it moved by itself towards the tourists. Quite few of them noticed and started screaming, running in the opposite direction of the danger.

Fire alarms blared, red lights flashing like those in horror movies. Electricity was cut and the dam was pitched into darkness. Screams and shouts filled the air. Pain-laced voices rose above the din as the fire captured them in its claws. Hissing and sizzling, the fire moved across the water — turning into vapor as it did — and climbed onto the dam, turning the hydroelectric powerhouse into a furious and wild block of fire. It blazed across the entire surface and then the surrounding ground, the main flame spitting out fireballs at trees, houses, you name it.

"Oh God," Jay moaned. "This is horrible."

It was a disaster. Thousands — and maybe more — of tourists and workers died as they got burned and roasted in the fires from Hell — literally.

"Uh oh!" Lilith yelped when all of a sudden, some of the energy got caught in the thermal that they forgot about and rose up, turning into fire at the same time, aiming itself at the angels.

"EH?!" Artemis shrieked in surprise as he tried to get away, but he was moving too slow, slowed down by the dangerous liquid in his veins.

"Artemis!" Jay shouted, frantic. Then he made a rash decision. Without thinking, Jay dove at his friend and pushed him out of the harm's way, toppling head over feet, their limbs and wings tangled together in the confusion of the impact.

"Are you okay?" Jay asked finally as they managed to untangle themselves.

"Yeah. Thanks Jay-Jay," Artemis grinned up at his superior.

"No prob," Jay smiled. Then his smile twisted into a painful one. "We should get out of here."

"Agreed. Let's go," Artemis tried to fly away but found himself barely moving.

"Here," Jay put Artemis on his back as Arty folded away his wings to be able to fit in the space provided.

"Thanks, again," Art sighed, hating the feeling of being useless.

"Again, no problem. It's what we do after all," Jay grinned faintly before flapping his wings to fly further. Then, Jay felt a surge of energy enter him. "Is that you, Arty?"

"Yeah. I don't want to be useless so I gave you some of my energy so you can fly," Artemis replied.

"Thanks," Jay said.

"No prob." Jay could hear the smirk in his voice.

"Hey! Aren't you going to apologize?" Lilith's furious voice could be heard now that the fire had stopped.

"For what?" Jay wondered, turning a little so he can see her.

"You're the one who caused me to lose control of my powers quicker and now I'm going to get in trouble!" Lili accused, angry.

"It's not my fault you didn't go to school to learn how to control them," Jay argued.

"What?! You...You imbecile!" Lilith growled. Then she blasted another fireball at them. Eyes wide, Jay swerved to get out of the way.

"Jay, let's go," Artemis urged quietly.

"Okay," Jay whispered back through the corners of his lips. "Listen here girly, I didn't do anything to you, okay?" Jay spoke up, louder so that Lilith can hear him.