Chapter 2: Class showdown

This is it! 

"Please prepare your papers and pen we will start the quiz" The teacher said and the silent murmurs of  'May papel ka?' at ang mga 'Pahiram ng ballpen' ay naririnig sa buong classroom, guys kaya nga tayo nag aaral diba? we should bring our own things, that's what a good student should do.

"Nadja, may ball-pen ka?" 

Looking to my side I frowned, I just saw something so displeasing, naka smile pa ang creature na 'to. never mind about the good student bringing their own things, hindi naman perfect example si Jayce as a good student, he is a number one rule breaker.

"Wala.. shoo!"

"Ang sama mo talaga" Sabi nya sabay tawa, shucks! kaiinis, this guy really pisses me off, anyway I need to concentrate on the exam that way i could beat this stupid, air-head amoeba! closing my eyes I tried to contrate on remembering all the stuffs that I studied, but then I heard another faint murmur beside me.

"Na~dja~... may ball-pen ka? alam ko I saw you~"

Ignore.. breathe.. focus... I repeated this mantra again and again in hopes that this stupid amoeba would stop pestering me but.. the more i ignore the more na tumataas ang kilay ko in irritation.

"Nadja~~~~ ball-"

"Leche! Ito ball-pen oh! sak sak mo sa baga mo! shut up!" I told him as I threw the pen on his face, pero in hopes na matamaan ang mukha niya, he even manged to caught it. and he winked at me and smiled saying thanks. "Kapal" I scoffed and looked at Ms. Griff as she started to get everyone's attention in class. okay this is it Nadyne! looking beside me I saw Raven looking blankly at the board, wala na naman sa sarili nya ang babaeng ito.. oh well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Let's check your papers! exchange papers with your seat mate" 

"Haa... finally" Looking at my paper with big smile I looked beside me to exchange my papers with... Jayce, malas nga naman. 

"Dali Nadja exchange papers daw!"

"Student ka wag mong doktorin yan!"

"Of course not! I'm a man with my word, a bet is a bet, it's just the matter of who will win and loose" 

Taking his paper and giving my paper to him I looked at it and gulped, parang perfect to ah, I was startled when Ms. Griff started to give the right answers, so far so good wala pang mistakes si Jayce and so am I until it went to the final Item. 

"The answer would be 1936" 

"YES!" Jayce did a fist pump and looked at me, "Pano ba yan, looks like I wo-"

"Wait! Ms. Griff... The answer is not 1936.." I stood up and tried to prove my point, kahit nakatingin na ang lahat sa akin I don't care I need to get that point. 

"Explain Ms.Silva"

"Yesterday, you wrote on the board that it was June 13 1936, but Raven corrected you ma'am that in the book it was 1934 and you told apologies for your mistake, but I suppose you failed to erase the writings on the board and most of the students copied it ma'am..." I looked around and blinked, parang galit yata sila sa akin, well sorry po may pinaglalaban ako dito. Ms. Griff checked the book and to her surprise she nodded. 

"I suppose you are right Ms. Silva, consider this item as a bonus question, but, whoever checked Ms.Silva's paper please add another two points for her." 

two..two points!!  it means! looking down at Jayce I made my 'smile of victory' 

"Ms.Griff, that won't be fair.. "

"State your reason Mr.Reinz?"

"Because she just used this item to gain score, if she knew about the others who wrote the notes on the board was wrong, she should have informed everyone, she is acting so selfish"

What selfish?! ako? ang yabang naman yata nito! 

"Excuse me Mr. Jayce Reinz.... "Sabi ko sabay tayo di naman ako papayag na pahiyain nya ako in front of the class "I am not being selfish, I just realized the answer at the same time the question is being asked, it's just two points, or are you just really afraid of loosing."

"Me? afraid? I don't think so Ms.Silva, I'm not pathetic enough to do such as squeezing answers just to get a high score,.."

"Class.. Mr-"

"Not pathetic? ano ba sa tingin mo ang ginagawa mo? nag rereklamo of not being fair? akala ko ba matalino ka?"

"Class! st-"

"Yes I am and I am smart enough to know that it was the correct answer, I just gave you chance!.."

"Talaga? leche! mayabang ka! akala mo kung sino ka ball pen ko pa ginamit mo!'

"Hindi ako nag mamayabang at minalas ako sa ballpen mo! im smart enough to beat you!"

"Ah ganon! If you are smart enough, why can't you even point a small mistake like that? For Jayce Reinz that was just a simple mistake how come you didn't even notice it.. ohh I know.. you aren't as smart as you think you are!"

"STOP!"  Blinking na realize ko na we are already making a heated arguement, lahat ay tahimik at nakatingin lang sa amin. Ms. Griff is glaring at us like daggers and the small murmurs of our classmates was there at ang bumasag ng katahimikan ay..

"Achoo! excuse me" 

Nice Raven nice..

"Guidance Office now! what a disgrace!"

Kainis talaga! grabbing my bag I huffed and walked out of the classroom, medyo pula na ang pisngi ko sa hiya. pero at least diba tinaob ko si jayce ngayon, pero.. 

"Haa.. guidance office."