Scene 1

The scene opens in a courtroom with a judge and jury members waiting for the trail to begin. A lawyer enters with thick stacks of papers in his hands.

Judge: You may now be seated. (speaking to the lawyer) Sir if you could pass those out the the jury now.

Lawyer: Yes ma'am.

He gets up from his seat and hands a stapled booklet to each jury member and then returns to his seat.

Judge: As all of you know 8 months ago we were attacked by a fifth Brainiac and the brave heroes of this Earth defeated him once again. However, there will always be those who try to help in the destruction of mankind even though they call this planet home. Today is no exception. (she picks up a remote and clicks on a nearby television) This is Lucy Quinn, daughter of Dr. Harleen Quinzel and the man we still only know today as the Joker. As the battle against Brainiac raged on some fought valiantly against him, while others took it as another opportunity to take control. Lucy is not an exception. We has eyewitnesses stating that she fought against our heroes with a few friends. Others claim she aided in those attempts. You have heard what they have to say, now you will listen to what Lucy has to say. Unfortunately, since she is a high risk case she is not allowed to leave the prison she is in. Instead she has written her statement on paper. In your hands is a valuable piece of information that must only be read by you. It must not be shared to any family member or friend. One week from today we will return to the courtroom and you will state whether you believe she is innocent or guilty. I ask that you try to refrain from listening or reading any media reports until then. Do you all understand?

All jury members nod their head in approval.

Judge: Ok then. I'll see you all in a week. Meeting is adjourned.

The judge bangs her gavel and the stage, and screen goes black.