Scene 3

Damian, Helena, and Dick, are gathered in the Batcave under Wayne manor. They are arguing about why Damian has brought them here and why he won't tell them until the 'special guest' arrives.

Helena: (to Damian) Look I get that the League has taught you to keep secrets as though your life depends on it, but we're family you can tell us.

Damian: Oh, because you guys were so nice and trustworthy when I was a little kid.

Dick: How many times do we have to say we're sorry? You know how many times I picked on Lena because Selena was her mother?

Helena: His favorite names were kitty and thief. He was sooo original. But I moved past it because I knew he was just super jealous of me for stealing Dad's attention.

Dick: Whatever the reason we moved past it can't you?

Lucy enters with Caladium and Connor following behind.

Lucy: Well I don't know about a full dose of forgiveness be he's on his way to being happy again.

Damian: Took you long enough. I was starting to get bored of their sob stories.

He pulls her in for a hug. Everyone but Caladium is confused on the situation.

Connor: The least you guys could do a little explaining.

Dick: For example, how did they get down here?

Lucy: You don't think my parents ever found the batcave and just kept their findings super secret?

Helena: Honestly, no. They would've attempted to blow it up the first chance they got.

Lucy: That's so true! No, they never found this giant depressing cave. Damian has brought me here multiple times. I don't know how you guys spend all of your time down here. It's so dark and depressing, go get some sun.

Dick: You brought an enemy down to the cave.

Helena: Not just any enemy the daughter of the man that killed Jason and so many others close to us.

Damian: What so kids can't not be like their parents? I would say you're pretty different from yours. (to Helena) Your mom is notorious thief who fell in love with the richest man in Gotham, not for his money but for her actual feelings. (to Dick) You were a circus boy who had his whole family killed in a terrorist attack and became an orphan. Dad took you in, not because Alfred made him, but because he look at you and saw himself. Afraid and alone with practically no one to turn to and he knew that saving you from an uncertain fate would change not only your life, but his for the better. Lucy doesn't want to hurt people the way her parents did she wants to help they and beat up the people who deserve her beatings. You guys gave me a second chance so why not give her one?

Dick: Well I may not be a genius but by the way you're talking about her I can say that she a lot more than an acquaintance or friend.

Helena: Stop embarrassing the poor kids he's got enough troubles as it is.

Damian: (in a hushed frustrated voice) Well this would've had to come out sooner or later. (in his regular brooding) Yes we are a lot more than friends.

Lucy: Oh, come on. You make it sound wrong and insane. Yeah, we're in love get over it.

Caladium: Well now that that's over could someone please explain why I'm standing in the Batcave right now?

Damian: As you all know Brainiac 5 is here for god know what reason to attempt to take Earth and finally be able to put it in his collection. Lucy and I know we can't do this alone so what do you say? Wanna kick some alien butt?