Scene 2

A flashback appears as the jury begins reading Lucy's statement. Damian is sitting a a high rooftop looking up at the sky. Lucy enters with two boxes in her hands.

Lucy: Hey.

Damian: Hi.

Lucy walks over to Damian and takes a seat.

Lucy: I got you a few things. I know you're picky and you've got like all the money in the world but I figured 'Why can't I buy him something. He doesn't technically have everything in the world, at least not yet'.

Damian takes the smaller box and Lucy places the larger one to the side.

Lucy: I know the one thing we have in common is the color read. It's inside us, it surrounds us, it escapes us, and not to mention it's our favorite color.

Damian opens the box with a blank look on his face.

Lucy: (she begins to ramble her words together in worry) Well do you like 'em. I hand made 'em with what I think most people call love. I mean I call it confusing but-

She's cut off by a hug from Damian and it's revealed that it's a box of homemade red velvet cupcakes.

Lucy: I'm gonna take that as a yes.

Damian lets go of her and takes her hand.

Damian: Of course it's a yes. I absolutely love them. I can't wait to take a bite.

Lucy: Before you do... (she picks up the second box) I want you to open this.

Damian: You did have a valid point I couldn't have bought your amazing cupcakes, but this doesn't look like you made it.

Lucy: No, but it's custom made so no one will ever have anything like it.

Damian takes the box and puts it in his lap.

Lucy: God you're dramatic. Stop staring at it and just open it.

Damian: Geez. Fine, I'll open it. (He opens it to find a custom handmade sword inscribed with words and symbols down the blade and handle. He looks to Lucy and gives her a look she's never seen before) Luce, you do realize this is too much. I can't accept this.

Lucy: Shut up. Yes you can. You haven't even noticed my favorite part. Look at the handle.

Damian turns his sword to take a better look at the handle. It reads 'The Prince and Princess of Gotham shall live happily ever after'. Damian looks up at Lucy and a tears escapes down his face.

Lucy: (in a fake pouty voice) Hey! I'm supposed to be the emotional one. This isn't fair.

Damian: Nothing ever really is.

Lucy tries to bring him into another hug, but instead is kissed by Damian.

Damian: Well since I haven't told you yet now's probably the time.

Lucy: W-what? Did something happen are you hurt? Is someone making you go back to the League? What is it?!

Damian laughs and gives her a look a reassurance.

Damian: I'm fine. Nobody's making me leave any time soon.

Lucy: Then what?

Damian takes her chin in his hand.

Damian: I love you.

Lucy goes in for a kiss.

Lucy: I lo-

She's cut out by a large noise and a deep darkening of the sky. A skull looking ship comes out of the clouds. A loud shriek is heard before someone begins talking.

Brainiac 5: People of Earth. My name is Brainiac. I am not the one most of you know from years ago. I am the fifth Brainiac ever created. My father was here many years ago to rain terror upon your Earth. Fortunately for you, he was blinded by emotions and only focused on taking certain people for his collection. I however intend to finish what he started in my own vision to reshape the Earth for my collection. Yesterday's loss leads to madness, and 'god' becomes 'tyrant', becomes 'outcast', becomes dust. Curious how lines once cleanly defined become blurred. Perhaps it is time for them to be... redrawn.

Sound is click off and only silence is heard for a moment. Damian stands up with his sword in hand. Lucy stands up with him and pull out her favorite pistol.

Lucy: We can't do this alone.

Damian: Lucy the JL hasn't existed for years. Not since the last Brainiac tore them apart.

Lucy: Who said anything about that League? I do have a few friends you know. I'm not that lonely.

Damian pulls her into a swift kiss and they begin running to the edge of the roof as the lights fade.