11

AN~ some more smutnanigans. Okay I'm done with Law's shit we making moves
~~~

.....
Being friends is okay,
for some, lovers is needed.
What about your ex?
.....

Law pov

"What?!" Caught off guard, I lunged back as far as I could on the couch. When did I even make my way so close to him? There was no way I was that much consumed by his essence that I let my self-control fly out the window. That wasn't me, but I had been all the way in his lap. "Well, the thing is~"

"The thing is I need an answer. Are we be gonna be a thing? I'm done playing your game. I know you like me, but you got admit it to yourself. Out loud."

By the time Eutass finished talking, he was back in my bubble of personal space which didn't bother me as much as I hoped it would. He wasn't to close, just to close for me. Casually, his arm was dropped behind my head with us almost locked at the hip. "I have to think about it."

"No, I'm sick of wasting time, Law. If I walk through that door, and you decide that we can try us. Your going have to do a lot more than I have to prove it." Kidd hissed before shaking his head in defeat and anger. His heavy foot steps thundered through the walls as he neared the door.

What was I doing? What was I losing? But most importantly, what was I going to regret? Was I going to regret following him or staring as my socks more?

Making the quickest decision of my logically thought out life, I dashed down the hall just in time to grab the hem of his jacket. Kidd's foot was already halfway out the door.

I couldn't say I would have opened it if he was already gone. Someone like me can only chase so much before saying 'it's not worth it' even if it was in the long run. "Wait, Kidd, wait."

His hand dropped from the knob, but he made no effort to come back into the apartment fully. My throat grew tight as the truth was shown to me. He was really done and ready to leave. No more holiday text. No more forgotten calls. No nothing. "Can be friends? Just for while, first."

There was something on his mind. Something he wanted to say. I could tell by the way one of his invisible eyebrows rose and his mouth opened before closing. His jaws were set and his eyes unreadable. Did he think I was shitting him? Clearly, he wasn't interested in the friend zoom. That was easy to tell from our kiss. Friends don't french it. Unless your friends with benefits, but that's besides the point.

                      "Law, I know I can't do that, and not~"

                      "Just for a week then. I'll give you a decision before Friday. We can watch a movie or two if you stay."

                      He stared at me with a cynical expression. Despite knowing mine didn't show it, I couldn't help but be nervous about my nervousness. Yes, I was blessed with a perfect poker face, but at times like this it seemed more like a curse. Kidd has to play guess and check because by looking at me it was almost impossible to tell. His face lit up with a signature smirk. "Only if you got popcorn."

                     "And beer." I chuckled as he came back in and shut the door. This time he slide off his boots. Before follwing me back to the living room area.