13

AN~ I'm typing on a labtop instead of my phone and it so much faster and my ideas flow so much better
~~~

.....
Forgetfulness is
a mistake worth forgiving,
so don't get upset.
.....

              "Ready to go?' Kidd asked as I nodded, tucking my chin as deep into my coat collar as possible in a attempt to brack my body from the cold. I had givien Kidd back his jacket, saying he didn't need to catch a cold for me causing him to annoy me with a flirtaious response. The door's bell chimed as Kidd pushed it open like a warning siren to the icy wind beyond.

              "HAPPY BIRTHDAY EATASS KIDD!!!" my eyes widened in surprise as a group of people jumped from the shadows, some I vaguely recognized for the mechanic shop and some I'd never seen before. Releasing Kidd's arm, I shuffled backward, away from the crowd surrounding him. My stomach began to lurk in all directions.

                It was Eutass-ya's birthday, and I hadn't even known. Would tommorw be to late to give him a present? Would tommorow even give me enough time to think of a good one? Kidd's smile beamed though the cold, dark night. He looked supernatural with the moonlight and street lamp illuminating his skin.  "Thanks guys! How did you know I was here?"

               "Well, we were waiting in your house, but Kiwi called and said you were here. We came to give you a surprise." A man chimed, he had long grey hair, despite being in his twenties, and a neck full of tattoos.

              Silently, I made my way to the very back, right behind the secret birthday boy. Never had I ever liked the spotlight on me, especially at times like this. It was Kidd's birthday, and I did not want to be pestered with 'boyfriend' questions. "You better have not actually put Eatass Kidd on my cake."

               "Or what?"

               "Or we are going to fight!"

                The group ushered him to a nearby pinic table in the park we walked through earlier where a couple more people were waiting, including Killer. For once, I wished Penguin and him were literally attached at the hip, so I wouldn't be so alone right now.

Phone flashlights worked as a substitute for the sun as the group of friends sung Happy Birthday to the prized red head while I whispered along, feeling the heat of embarresment. Why had I never asked about his birthday? Then I could have been in on this, and gotten him something amazing. However, reality was never that kind and conveiant, so, here I was, rocking on my heels feeling like a complete asshat.

             My ears were flooded with laugher from inside jokes I wasn't in on, and past stories I wasnt apart of, making the few feet of distance between us feel like miles. There was a empty spot at the table since some were just jogging in place to keep their body heat up. I wasn't brave enough to take the seat, not at that table. A Table full of people who knew Kidd better. Who had some kind of real connection. Who rembered his birthday. I didn't fit into any of those catorgoies.        

            Suddenly, callused fingers grasped my wrist jerking me back into the present. I was meet with a familar pair of eyes that looked like a gentle amber, instead of their normal, firece crimson, in the moonlight. "Why are you so far? I thought I lost you there for a minute."

             There it was. That rare geniune smile that seemed to wipe my mind clean of its pessemistic thoughts which always seemed to be lurking. The smile that made me glance at my feet, bite my lip, and cross my arms. The smile that left me with nothing to say, but a heart full of something more important that words. "Come on, let me introduce you."